• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
G727

1989 1.6

G727

Just spent all day buffing and polishing the car and am so chuffed with it I thought I should share.

Basically, I bought this car at the end of may off of Ebay. The car had been stood for 4 years in a garage. Trailered it home, put a new battery on and it fired up almost straight away. As soon as the engine was warm I changed the oil and filter ;)

Anyway, stuck it in for an MOT and amazingly it passed! I have now started cleaning the poor old girl and am absolutely amazed at my little £300 purchase.

I run my own mobile mechanic business and was looking for a project - fortunately this one needs very little work; although I do need to do the valve stem seals.

http://wessex-auto.co.uk/DSC00807.JPG

I would appreciate any comments ;)

gixxerash

Wow that looks really really good looks like it's just been painted what did you use to get that shine. How many miles does it have on her. Oh by the way when can you do mine ;)

Edited by gixxerash

G727

Thanks - Actually I really enjoy cleaning cars, and cannot finish until it is perfect. Starting on the engine bay next.

I buffed the whole car using a professional buffer with farecla cutting cleaner and then built the paintwork up with 2 coats of Meguiars deep crystal polish, 2 coats of Caranabua wax and then 2 coats of NXT generation wax.

Edited by G727

gixxerash

Yeah i'm with you on that one there is nothing like starting on a car that needs a scrub and when you have finished, standing back and taking a good look at the hard work you have done with a big grin on your face and doing a satisfying sigh.

I use that NXT generation wax to on mine that paint cleaner is a good product to.

Edited by gixxerash

G727

Oh, and she had 131,251 miles on her when I bought it. Now has 132,947 (just checked- how sad is that!)

scotty

That looks very nice and you had it at a bargain price.

Daviewonder

Looks really nice mate, very similar to what I'm doing at the moment. If mine turns out half as good as this I will be really pleased ;)

GLPoomobile

£300 for that? :o It looks absolutely mint and gorgeous ;)

As I said in Daviewonder's topic, I'd love another 1.6.

2 1.6 fan club topics in one day? Waht is the forum coming to? ;)

Atari Boy

That is a very pretty 205, good work.

Is the rear beam okay, it may need some love if it has been left stading for so long.

harryskid

£300 well spent, very nice :wacko:

Baz

Looks fantastic and what a bargain! :wacko:

Just a little note to ask that you consider your topic titles more wisely though, this one is very vague!

G727

Your comment has been taken on board Baz. Thanks for the advice!

muddatrucker

Looks great, as a young man who has spent his whole car career....not cleaning them, how long will it stay in that condition? I've been a bit better at washing since I got the 205 though, infact I did it today...albeit a wash and rinse.

richsmells

That looks awesome. *sigh* :D What a bargain.

Keep it just like that, this one sold for £4k. Low mileage, but it wasn't perfect.

Edited by richsmells

Paulmac19

Lovely little example

proof there are smashing bargains to be had good luck with it :D

Richie

Nice! Always love red 205's when the paints in good condition.

G727

Muddatrucker: I wash, clay and wax my cars pretty much every weekend - never been more than 2 weeks even in the winter!

However, once buffed, clayed, polished and waxed, as long as you use a good wash & wax formula they can look like this after just being washed with a mit for about 6 months.

If you would like any advice just let me know.

Sam.

pug_ham
I would appreciate any comments :angry:

Looks good but you need to refresh your memory on the requested file sizes for pictures;

Posting Pics;

If the image is greater than 800x600 pixels, put up just a link, without IMG tags, or resize it to a smaller filesize before uploading.

- the same goes for pics that are bigger than 160k in filesize as images or attachments.

Over 5Mb is far to big.

Graham.

asdf205

Looks like a nice example at a bargin price.

jord294

when red paint is red, it looks stunning :lol:

only yesterday i viewed a k plate 1.9 sunroof in red, and a 1.6 non-sunroof in red, (both within 5 miles of me), and both would polish up really well if i bought either of them