• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
rob.duke

Vacuum Sunroof Removal

rob.duke

Hi Folks,

Finally got round to starting the job of removing and blanking my sunroof.

TBH it's a bit of a mare cos stuff is corroded etc. but takin stuff off is always easier :(

What is the correct thing to do with the Vac tube that runs up the A Pillar, cut it? stuff it down pillar? blank it off?

As ever, any help is appreciated.

Rob

:(

norm
Hi Folks,

Finally got round to starting the job of removing and blanking my sunroof.

TBH it's a bit of a mare cos stuff is corroded etc. but takin stuff off is always easier :o

What is the correct thing to do with the Vac tube that runs up the A Pillar, cut it? stuff it down pillar? blank it off?

As ever, any help is appreciated.

Rob

:ph34r:

hi rob could you tell me why are you removing the sunroof? only asking cos i've just bought a 205gti and the seller tells me that a cable has broke,was that your problem

norm

rob.duke

Hi Norm,

Removing sunroof as it is basically a track car, the whole sunroof and workings weigh around 16kg so it's worth the effort removing it. I would also rather have it plated than have all that glass over my head if it ever went over!

Cheers Rob :ph34r:

GilesW

I did this last weekend and have a related question which may help you and me (hope you don't mind me asking):

I was just going to plug the vacum feed from near the brake servo and remove and bin the vac tube up the A pillar.

So I merrily pulled what I though was the vac tube to the sunroof from within the engine bay - it popped off a connector behind the dash somewhere ( I think) and then I realised there are 2 vac tubes going into the car:

1 through the bulkhead near the throttle cable (the one I pulled), and

1 goes behind skuttle panel in engine bay.

Which is the sunroof vacum hose, and where does the other one go?

rob.duke
I did this last weekend and have a related question which may help you and me (hope you don't mind me asking):

I was just going to plug the vacum feed from near the brake servo and remove and bin the vac tube up the A pillar.

So I merrily pulled what I though was the vac tube to the sunroof from within the engine bay - it popped off a connector behind the dash somewhere ( I think) and then I realised there are 2 vac tubes going into the car:

1 through the bulkhead near the throttle cable (the one I pulled), and

1 goes behind skuttle panel in engine bay.

Which is the sunroof vacum hose, and where does the other one go?

I actually did the same as you, i was pulling at the hose like a bird pulling a worm out of a hole from inside the car and then tried from under the bonnet, the hose just pulled away from something and i don't know what!!

I think i'll plug the sunroof one at the pipe end and push it in the a pillar!

How have you decided tp blank your sunroof?

Rob ^_^