• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
zebedy101

Sportex Road Rallye Exhaust

zebedy101

Just been browsing through eBay looking at exhausts and stumbled across this

http://wap.ebay.co.uk/Pages/ViewItem.aspx?...off&sflag=1

it's just what i'm looking for really and I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with one?

Many thanks, Seb

Tom Fenton

Cheap loud and not especially cheerful.

zebedy101

On that advice Tom I think I will steer clear from it. I really like my current exhaust set up but the baffles are rattling like hell when you let off the throttle, is there anyway of sorting this?

pip470

I have this exhaust on my car, very loud very cheap and split within a year. Just as tom has said.

welshpug

either get a standard Ph2 gti system modified at the front to fit, or get a system from someone like Miles who dos a proven performance exhaust.

matthewm

Was looking at that exhaust last night and thought it cheap, although suposed that's why then. Andy baker preps a lot of 205s and think his system is only extra 20quid, be worth giving him a ring (AB Motorsport)

Edited by matthewm

rescue dude

Is that the system that has a horrible loud raspy sound? :lol:

Heard one last year and i'm sure it was one of them.

MikeM

I also have one and would not get another! It is very boomy and the internals of the backbox do not last.

backroadpug

if you want an exhaust that suits the boy racer needs and lasts a year :) . go for it but i would personally stay clear.

BusEngineer

Got one

Bad decision, too loud, too boomy inside and rotting itself to bits!!

But cheap! :)

Tom Fenton
baffles are rattling like hell when you let off the throttle, is there anyway of sorting this?

Cut it open, weld the baffles up, weld it shut again.

arwel

Got one on my road rally 205 too. Was crazy loud so ended up having a bigger centre box fitted by Longlife. Rear section is now starting to rust so I guess I'll be back in Longlife soon to chop it off and fit the rest of the system. First thing i bought as a cheap option and was a mistake. Live and learn I suppose.

Sign in to follow this