• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jimistdt

Fridays Puzzle

ade 4wd

I measured my spare 205 wishbones and the distance between the balljoint and pivot bush is 319mm as shown in your first picture. So definitely a 205 gti wishbone. 1 pack of milk chocolate hob nobs please. :)

jord294
I measured my spare 205 wishbones and the distance between the balljoint and pivot bush is 319mm as shown in your first picture. So definitely a 205 gti wishbone. 1 pack of milk chocolate hob nobs please. :)

ades' right.

it is a 205 wishbone. dam you ade :P

was looking forward to some jammy dodgers :lol:

welshpug

it looks wrong!

jimistdt

Thanks all for sharing your opinions and findings, the quest continues. Ade, PM me with your address and I'll get the Hob Nobs to you pronto. :lol:

Cameron

Do I get a pack too for providing the initial measurements? :D

jimistdt

For anyone interested the pictures above show the dimensions for the 309 bones.

205 ~ 309mm

309 = 319mm

The secret is not to measure to the centre of the pin rather to the point on the rear of the bone where the cap covers the balljoint just at the point where it begins to dome.

post-12250-1276274409_thumb.jpg

welshpug

riiiight, so does this mean a Jimistdt group buy of 309 wishbones as he has found a secret stash of them in a dark unknown corner hidden away in the depths of time?

jimistdt

That would depend if there was enough interest, I can see there being in demand, but I would like to check one over and test it first, but, we'll see. Could be a goer!

SurGie

I'll be in for the motoquip/Pug quality set for sure.

ade 4wd
For anyone interested the pictures above show the dimensions for the 309 bones.

205 ~ 309mm

309 = 319mm

The secret is not to measure to the centre of the pin rather to the point on the rear of the bone where the cap covers the balljoint just at the point where it begins to dome.

post-12250-1276274409_thumb.jpg

I am confused.

When i measured my 205 wishbone it was 319mm and you say the pic above is a 309 wishbone which also measures 319mm. :(

jimistdt
I am confused.

When i measured my 205 wishbone it was 319mm and you say the pic above is a 309 wishbone which also measures 319mm. :(

Where are you measuring to Ade? I was doing the same thing, I was almost convinced that all the wishbones I had were somehow 309 ones, but then I had a moment of clarity and saw what I was doing wrong. If I can I'll measure my 205 one and stick a pic up of the distance between the centre of the bush pivot to the same point in the pic above and it's 309mm, give or take a mm.

ade 4wd

I will measure my 205 wishbones again tonight just to double check.

If i gave you the wrong measurment before, do i have to return the milk chocolate hob nobs. :(

Paul_13

WHERES MY BICCIES?? :(

jimistdt
WHERES MY BICCIES?? :)

chill winston, I'm sure there'll be some in the cupboard when you come up next! Right, now, bear with me on this, I've only got a crappy old tape measure for this and I've had to start the tape at 100mm because the ends dodgy and it adds 15mm on. Any way, from the centre of the inner pivot bush (100mm = 0mm )

205measurements2.jpg

To the same point at the other end of the wishbone as depicted in the drawing above

205measurements.jpg

As you can see it reads (410mm-100mm) = 310mm There you have it. Clear as mud.

I now have an enter key BTW, but have great difficulties posting on certain forums, believe it or not!!

Edited by jimistdt

ade 4wd

I have re-measured my 205 wishbone at the points you describe and it is 309mm.

Looks like these are going back. <_<

post-8402-1277323296.jpg