• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
205gtichris

Another One Bites The Dust

Atari Boy

I also had issues with agreed values when I crashed my 205. The broker gave me an agreed value but forgot to tell the insurance company.

For a day or two I was told I did not have it, even though I had there paperwork to back it up.

Stick with it.

Edited by Atari Boy

steve@cornwall

Where did this happen, Chris? Aren,t Acland based on the Shortlanesend road? Seen their van's driven like tw@ts on many occasions! Perhaps a wider view of the road would help your cause, especially if he pulled out from a side road.I think yours looks worse than it probably is due to it being hit at the softest poiint - dead centre.I can dig out a bonnet, slam-panel, bumper, valence, n/s wing, headlights and indicators, fan and cowling and probably arch trims to get you mobile if needed.(and a big Fu****g hammer!)

205gtichris

Cheers steve but i have the 406 to use not that i can really drive due to pain, the car has ended up at duckworths so should have a engineers report and valuation in the next few days.

The crash took place down the penweathers road which is a road you always need to be careful on and one i have drove down for many years now but on this occasion i was unlucky and the guy pulled out of his drive fast and must have been looking the other way not to see me, The speed limit is 30mph and thats what i was doing.

I was coming down this slight slope towards where the picture was taken and the guy pulled out in front of me from the right of the picture, brakes locked up and i had no chance of stopping even at 30mph, the guy didnt even brake and just drove straight at me .

post-7093-1276093996.jpg

Edited by 205gtichris

Joe-Tait

Hope you get sorted i wouldnt go through your insurance just yet

205gtichris

Thanks mate , i need to speed things up so i can get back to normal and its what my insurance have advised me to do .

Edited by 205gtichris

Joe-Tait

Ah right i would do some homework then to findout how much 205's in that condition are selling for

Look in ebay completed auction, Pistonheads and on the forums, Auto trader etc

The argument is that market value isnt going to get you a Basic 205 Mot'd never mind a GTI in the condition that yours was

Batfink

The other driver does not have to admit liability for it to be a quick case. If the insurers see it as cut and dry then theres not really a lot of things to hold things up.

pugdamo

Gutted for you mate,it looks pretty nasty,hopefully you can get it sorted without to much grief.

If you decide you can repair it and you need some bits give me a shout,a friend of mine has broken a few GTI's,so in the unlikely event that Steve doesnt have it i may be able to get hold of it.

Cheers

steve@cornwall
Cheers steve but i have the 406 to use not that i can really drive due to pain, the car has ended up at duckworths so should have a engineers report and valuation in the next few days.

The crash took place down the penweathers road which is a road you always need to be careful on and one i have drove down for many years now but on this occasion i was unlucky and the guy pulled out of his drive fast and must have been looking the other way not to see me, The speed limit is 30mph and thats what i was doing.

I was coming down this slight slope towards where the picture was taken and the guy pulled out in front of me from the right of the picture, brakes locked up and i had no chance of stopping even at 30mph, the guy didnt even brake and just drove straight at me .

He pulled out of his drive into an uncoming vehicle - LIABLE. More than likely had enough accidents to now the "no admission" policy!

I know the Penweather's road well and of late it seems too busy to take any chances. I stacked a Honda there many years ago (totally my fault).

Good luck with the valuation - time to bookmark some Ebay GTis that reach good money - shows what cars are truly fetching>

luggy
:lol: Really gutted for you Chris, I hope it goes well whatever course of action your taking

205gtichris

Cheers Damo i will keep that in mind ,

Im hoping the insurance companies will sort it out very soon as i dont need the stress right now. and adverts have got to be from the same year, same mileage and same colour just to make things harder for me.

Back to the doctors tomorrow to get this bloody annoying fizzy hand sorted out.

Edited by 205gtichris

205gtichris

Have found out today that the insurance company have decided its a write off, i am going to try and buy it back depending what they want for it.

RossD

Hope it all works out for you. I know how much a pain in the backside dealing with insurance companies can be. There is no doubt in my mind that they would have written that off - A friend of mine recently had his Audi 80 written off for a scratched front wing!!! Once you add up the labour, parts etc, it came to more than the derisory value that the ins company placed on the car (They said it was worth £500 but ended up paying him £1500 - work that one out, it would have been cheaper to fix the car)

If you have the time and inclination, it's worth fixing it up - They are going to start getting rather rare very soon otherwise!

scotty

Hope you are ok and you can get the car back on the road, i had a close one the other day heard breaks screeching looked in my mirror to see a large van sliding towards me thought ohh S*** this is going to hurt but i was lucky he stopped just in time but i did have some choice words for him when i got out the car.