• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MiamiGus

Anyone Used Haltech Management?

welshpug

PeterT and Magic have used it regularly I believe :lol:

that's about £607 currently from a quick google :P

Edited by welshpug

MiamiGus

Thanks, yes the price isn't bad. Ok its a self assembly loom but at that price :lol:

petert

An excellent Australian product. I've been using the bigger brother 1000, which has a lot more features, most of which are unnecessary. If you just want a 4cyl, sequential fuel, direct fire ignition setup, it's a bargain. It has an excellent front end which interprets the Motronic 60-2 input perfectly. It also has user programmable inputs, so you can use OEM temperature sensors (I have the gradients for Mi16 sensors if you need them). The more expensive 1000 has 32 bars per load point to tune, but 16 is more than ample for most applications. The really nice feature for the price is user definable load points. So if you're having a resonance problem at 4800 for example, you can have 4500, 4800 and then 5000 maps. I'd also check the AUS$ price, as depending on exchange rates and shipping costs, it may be cheaper from an Australian dealer (like me).

shalmaneser

That looks bloody good, especially with the loom included. Who would map it though?

EDIT: Don't get stung with import taxes though, figure that into the calculation. Unless you can get them to write 'commercial sample' on the box....

Edited by shalmaneser

Tom Fenton

I'm sure the Haltech is a good product, however any ECU is only as good as the guy mapping it, so make sure you can find a decent mapper who either has used Haltech, or is confident they can find their way around the software.

rescue dude

Is it naughty of me to mention that there is a Haltech forum? ;)

May be worth looking at.

sideways danny
I'm sure the Haltech is a good product, however any ECU is only as good as the guy mapping it, so make sure you can find a decent mapper who either has used Haltech, or is confident they can find their way around the software.

Dont worry about the mapping ;)

Haltech ECU is my idea, I've been looking for a satisfactory alternative to Omex for a few months. Best i've found by a long way. I'm looking to become a haltech agent/fitter now.

petert
Dont worry about the mapping :)

Haltech ECU is my idea, I've been looking for a satisfactory alternative to Omex for a few months. Best i've found by a long way. I'm looking to become a haltech agent/fitter now.

It's easy to tune. Haltech invented the whole mapping visually by PC process back in late 1980's and tried to patent it. They were over ruled however and the rest is history. Let me know if you need any help/advice. I've been a dealer for approx. 15 yrs.