• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ORB

I Broke My Clocks.

ORB

When I bought my car I was always a little worried about the miles only being 36k

So I contacted the owner before the one that sold it to me.

After chatting to him and checking the MOT database we think my genuine miles should be 73 ish

So I tried to change it!

I know that finding a set of clocks with 72 on would be a hard job, so I wonder if anyone out there can sort me out?

oz.

Stick a drill on the speedo cable! We found that it will wind the odometer forwards but not backwards. I'm mnot sure what would happen if you went right around though - could be an easy way to show less mileage on high mileage cars

large

A drill sends my clocks backwards :) .

Daviewonder

The forums full of Arthur Daleys :)

SurGie

That's a nice little earner :)

The drill method is what id suggest as you can still buy new clocks afaik.

Anthony

Changing the mileage to read what you want isn't difficult to do, although for obvious reasons I will not explain how to do it on a public forum.

I'm happy to adjust your clocks if you send them to me, or if needs be I'm happy to sell you a set adjusted to 73k to match your actual mileage.

oz.

Just so everyone knows I don't do this on a weekly basis. We were trying to find out if the speedo cable was working on a mates 205RG... got the cordless out and woo! we're doing 60mph!

roote

we mentioned this on another thread, so for a maths question, if you put a drill on a set of clocks and at full speed you are doing 60mph how long would it take to remove, sorry put on 37k miles ? lmao

happygoron

time = distance/speed

time = 37000/60

time = 616.66 hours

time = 25.69 days

oz.

Depends on the drill of course. Corded would be better - sit there doing the max on the speedo for a while. Say 130mph ish.....

oooooooh just did the math for 37k @ 130mph... 285hrs!

Don't think that method would work really as you'd need constant turning for 12/13days!

Edited by oz.

Joe-Tait

Masking tape the trigger up before you go to bed and set it away, just make sure the smoke detector is close to your mileage correction jig

Edited by Joe-Tait

ORB

Thanks Anthony

PM incoming!

I put the cluster back into the car minus the odometer so I could take the car for a run, now my speedo is all to cock after I pulled it to bits and the fuel guage is not working!

oops.