• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Ludi

S16 Engine Into 205?

Ludi

Hi everyone,

I was thinking of buying complete Peugeot 306 s16 from 1994.I found one and it's preety cheap.

So my question is how hard is going to be to put that engine in 205.What should I do to make it fit?

Thanks,

Viktor

SurGie

There are loads of project threads to look through, so the first thing to do is to search for a few hours. Although it is fairly simple to do.

DrSarty

As George says, please search. But in summary:

- lower or alter the radiator mounting and cowling

- 95% chance you'll have to modify the bulkhead to get 4-2-1 exhaust manifold clearance (such as Miles' or Maniflow system)

- fit ECU and loom (removing old engine loom and ECU)

- fit uprated (BBM) lower engine mount bush

- make the cooling hoses fit or replace with aftermarket Miles or BBM one

That's it.

It's a very good engine with bags of punch (especially if the ACAV variable inlet works) on a good gearbox.

Good luck.

Para has/had one of these, so perhaps PM him for direct advice.

Ludi

Thanks for the replies.

Thanks DrSarty,that was very helpfull.

Cheers

Viktor

wracing

isn't the the S16 a cast manifold as standard??

Ludi
It's a very good engine with bags of punch (especially if the ACAV variable inlet works) on a good gearbox.

How can I be sure is this thing working?

How can I check?

jackherer
isn't the the S16 a cast manifold as standard??

Yes, and it clears the 205 bulkhead too. Unfortunately its pretty restrictive, a 4-2-1 does make quite a difference on the S16. I took a split 4-2-1 off my mates 205 S16 for repair and put the original cast one on as a temporary measure, the performance was noticeably worse even compared to a blowing 4-2-1.

welshpug

With the well known 205 shell build quality/tolerances, I found that the manifold did not clear the bulkhead sufficiently to get the downpipe fitted, also the flange is far too large to bodge it to fit a 205 downpipe.

As ever, there's loads of topics about knocking 4-2-1's, fitting Mi16's, wiring etc.

DrSarty
How can I be sure is this thing working?

How can I check?

Ref ACAV: See the engine running and alter the revs to see if the vacuum actuators work.

Alternatively (if the engine's already out), pass air through the mushroom-shaped actuators to see if they work. They have diaphragms inside which can split and also (more likely) the nozzles for the hoses snap/crack off.

iamjackiechan

my s16 went in with no problem on standard mounts, had loads of room on the bulkhead for the manifold and i used most of the gti water pipes.

will