• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rich_p

Bx Race Car

swordfish210

I had that magazine a while ago, not sure where it is now. Good article, makes me want to build a BX race car ;)

shalmaneser

Very interesting, although the article says he's running emerald there's clearly a distributor in the picture...very odd, he can't just be running emerald injection can he?!

Baz

Gary's, he doesn't use it anymore, has a Xsara VTS now afaik.

Anthony
Very interesting, although the article says he's running emerald there's clearly a distributor in the picture...very odd, he can't just be running emerald injection can he?!

It's not a distributor - it's a distributor cap. More than likely running Emerald on a single coil output, and using the distributor cap to send spark to the right cylinder (as per the standard Mi16 setup)

I've seen other 205 Mi conversions running an Emerald doing the ignition the same way, although quite why you wouldn't replace the whole thing with a wasted spark coilpack is beyond me given that they're easy and cheap to obtain, off the shelf HT leads fit, and Emerald will drive it straight out of the box.

Interesting article though ;)

Rich_p

I have just re read the article and there is no mention of oil surge!

What are you lot doing wrong?! :rolleyes:

jackherer

I've had loads of BX 16v and the OE brake pads are easy to cook on the road so I have no idea how he is able to race with them.

Baz
I have just re read the article and there is no mention of oil surge!

What are you lot doing wrong?! :D

Exactly the same as him. B)