• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
AJA_GTi

Ayone Bought A Replacement Key From Peugeot?

AJA_GTi

Looking to get a spare ket from Pug as I only have one at the mo. The guy in sales was pretty useless and couldnt give me an idea of price or key style. Can anyone advise?

I'm expecting a yale type front door key effort but i'm hoping for a Pug branded rubber/ steel jobbie like the original

jason7579

I got a spare from a key cut / shoe repair stall for about £5. Wasn't pug branded though

Edited by jason7579

AJA_GTi
I got a spare from a key cut / shoe repair stall for about £5. Wasn't pug branded though

Good idea - I recon it'll cost £30 from Pug at the least the robbing bunch of tinkers :mellow:

Tesstuff

I have your brand new spare key here. I had it made when i was running the car.

AJA_GTi
I have your brand new spare key here. I had it made when i was running the car.

NICE - I suppose i'll have to swap it for the CD you left in the sterio when i picked it up :mellow:

Cheers Daz -_-

KRISKARRERA

There Pug branded keys on ebay, could always buy one of those and take it in somewhere to be cut.

SebRad

Hi, I got a couple of Peugeot keys cut several years ago in Warners in Gloucester. Went in asking about replacement locks as mine were worn, the guy behind the counter said it was probably the keys that were worn and he could copy them making the copies sharper / less worn.

The keys themselves were solid black plastic, longer and thinner than the originals with an angled end and a small loop for the ring.

Best pic I can find is this one. Personally I felt they were nicer than the originals.

Turns out the guy was right and the new keys worked better than the old and think they only charged £10-12 for two ;)

Now sure if this helps as was probably 5-6 years ago but they way still do it or it maybe luck of the draw on who serves you.

Regards, Seb

AJA_GTi

Thanks fellas! :rolleyes:

Fox

I got a genuine pug one for my old 106 Rallye a few years back, It was only about £7 from memory and the chap at Timpsons kindly cut it for free!