• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Bally

Can Anyone Tell Me What Is Going On Here.

sideways danny

AWESOME!!!!!

K20a is a fantastic engine, they supercharge VERY well too. Quite easy to get them to 300bhp on completely standard internals with a Rotrex

jackherer

Is this engine longer or shorter than an XU? In other words how much inner wing clearance is there on the cambelt end? Its not easy to see in those pics.

harryskid

This isn't fair i have just completed my vts conversion and then this comes along. By the way with the vts on a close 1600 box with 8.4 final drive its pretty awsome. So 300 brake on a front wheel drive mmmmm. :)

dcc

... 8.4? thats a big high init!

welshpug

low you mean dan, bigger number = more revs per wheel revolution, I'd imagine he means 4.8 :)

Rippthrough

And 8.4'd be fun though!

For about 2 minutes!

Bally

The engine has plenty space on the cambelt side. For reference look at your 8 valve top mount and it falls 1/2 inch away from the two bolts that are in line.

Eunosfield

Any more pictures of the fabricated mounts, gearbox welding?

Really interested in this now, the more I think about it the more I convince myself that it will fix my brown multiplug problems and hence is a worthwhile investment!

harryskid
low you mean dan, bigger number = more revs per wheel revolution, I'd imagine he means 4.8 :D

YER sorry i did mean 4.8 :D

James_m

What are the ratios like on the Peugeot sport gearbox? Your going to need something really low geared to work with 8500 rpm+?

Eunosfield

Hey Bally

Have you got any more pictures of your mounts?

I'm really interested in trying this myself and being a rank amateur could do with all the help I can get.

I also know of a foundry in Suffolk that could cast the bellhousing for you too :-)

Bally

I will go outside and take pics now.

TU_Later

I'm fully impressed, by everything. And I'm an aerospace engineer haha!

Looking at that last pic, are you all just a bunch of tea drinking garage nutters with more brains, skill and ideas than sense?

Cause if so, how can I be like you?!

That little Toyota GTT looks dangerous too..

engine killer

the k20a also goes well with the jenvey 50mm throttle bodies (but not with a/c because jenvey's inlet didn't offset for the compressor).

post-4860-1283821899_thumb.jpg

24seven

I really like this! Inspirational to say the least, from the looks of it the engine mounts and gearbox bellhousing modifications you've made are capable of taking some abuse too, which makes the whole thing even more appealing!

Sign in to follow this