• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Batfink

Yay! Did My First Cambelt Change

Batfink

I was expecting it to be more difficult, but as the engine for my sorrento was out I thought a cambelt, tensioner and waterpump change was necessary. I used gasket sealer rather than the paper gasket on the waterpump as its not something i want to find leaks. i didnt even have any bolts left over.

Dont think I'd want to do it on a car in situ though.

I even had time to fill the van with old beams, discs with a general clear out, and piss off the local dump workers with the amount of plastic interior parts I disposed of. Apparently the amount I had does not really count as 'household waste'.

MerlinGTI

Changing your first cambelt is like squaring up to your dad untill he backs down.

Its the day you become a 'real' man :unsure:

Wish you mentioned your mountain of plastic, I need a rear interior arch cover :(

Batfink

I was a bit ruthless as i've maybe got less than 8 weeks to get all my stuff cleared from my dads place (he's put his house on the market)

Only got a 205 to get working....rebuild its suspension, fit engine, wire and plumb it in, then tidy up the bodywork....

205*31*
I was expecting it to be more difficult, but as the engine for my sorrento was out I thought a cambelt, tensioner and waterpump change was necessary. I used gasket sealer rather than the paper gasket on the waterpump as its not something i want to find leaks. i didnt even have any bolts left over.

Dont think I'd want to do it on a car in situ though.

I even had time to fill the van with old beams, discs with a general clear out, and piss off the local dump workers with the amount of plastic interior parts I disposed of. Apparently the amount I had does not really count as 'household waste'.

do you think it would be a pain to do the cambelt in situ then? why? :unsure:

Batfink

The engines in the wrong place. Needs to be an inch over to the right so you dont have to have pixie hands...

to be honest i'm lazy and if I cannot get my electric impact hammer on nuts its badly designed <_< I hate spannering at old rusty nuts and bolts when you cannot see what you are doing.

jeremy
The engines in the wrong place. Needs to be an inch over to the right so you dont have to have pixie hands...

to be honest i'm lazy and if I cannot get my electric impact hammer on nuts its badly designed <_< I hate spannering at old rusty nuts and bolts when you cannot see what you are doing.

That is just the attitude that gets my vote!