• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Obey_R

Just Lined Boot With Carpet

Obey_R

Just thought I'd share some of my hard work from last week.

Ordered some audio carpet from work for £5, 2m x 1m and about 5mm thick in black and tin of spray glue for £6.

Luckily the size I got was big enough to do both side, the bottom and around the boot lip in one peice! So happy with that, I got to work cutting.

Was fiddily to get into all of the curves and to get it to bend around the boot lip without joins but I got there in the end.

The boot was bare before and covered in scratches so makes it look a lot better, sorry for the poor quality photo!

4625152926_6f8c4476ac.jpg

Edited by Obey_R

205turbo

looks very good, some more pics would be good

Obey_R

Have been trying to get pictures but they just come out very pixelated, think it might be because of the type of carpet, have used two cameras and still the same!

Link to them all here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/48382566@N08/...57624052831446/

Edited by Obey_R

205turbo

i like it, may have ago in my topaz, what about doing the back of the seat,

Atari Boy

Great job, what did you stick it down with?

DaveW

That looks really good makes it more modern for a boot anyway.

Obey_R

Just used some Autoleads spray glue, retails at £9.99 a can I think.

I was going to do the back of the seats - and still might but the peice I got managed to cover the whole boot so I didn't need to buy anymore.

miamichris

What if your boot leaks and it gets wet and you have to pull it back off again? ;)

...Not that a 205 would have a leaky boot, never! ;)

zebedy101

Looks awesome what carpet have you used? Is fairly durable as I'm in need of some after I have sorted the rusty hole in my boot.

stutto

I just hope that you did cut outs (with no adhesive) for the spare wheel bolt and the rear beam mounts - should you ever need either of them.

Obey_R
I just hope that you did cut outs (with no adhesive) for the spare wheel bolt and the rear beam mounts - should you ever need either of them.

No I didn't but the spare wheel bolt will be easy to get to, just cut a small x above the bolt and only two of the rear beam bolts are covered, the main 4 are not. But with those I will cut out a square whilst I'm doing the work and replace it afterwards.

Richie

Looks much better. I carpeted my boot a little while back and it does transform the boot, makes it look newer and more modern.

lemmingzappa
makes it look newer and more modern.

:lol: :lol:

DaveW

Ha do you like cheap looking vinyl then?

SurGie
No I didn't but the spare wheel bolt will be easy to get to, just cut a small x above the bolt and only two of the rear beam bolts are covered, the main 4 are not. But with those I will cut out a square whilst I'm doing the work and replace it afterwards.

One way of doing a neat finish to those suspension bolts is to use the 309 gti suspension brace plates that go there, so you can then tuck the carpet under them for a neat finish. Sorry i cant seem to find a picture of them.

timb1046

carpeted boot is also much comfier to sleep in too ;) score!

muddatrucker

I tried sleeping in the back of my 205 the other month...at 6ft4 the idea suddenly died 5 minutes in when I gave up!

My boot is carpetless, I might just chuck an offcut in though.

timb1046

i have managed to sleep in the 205 a few times, sleeping bag on, get into the passenger seat, seat tilted all the way back, and sorted. a bed!

Edited by timb1046

Veero

Does this stuff actually have much of an effect on noise?

Obey_R

I can't drive mine at the moment so can't comment :unsure:

Richie
i have managed to sleep in the 205 a few times, sleeping bag on, get into the passenger seat, seat tilted all the way back, and sorted. a bed!

I would have thought it'd be comfier to sleep in the back with the rear seats down. I've often thought about how i'd sleep in the car (weird thoughts) - but never has the oppertunity arisn. Maybe i'll just kip in the car tonight even though its on the drive :D

Does this stuff actually have much of an effect on noise?

None whatsoever. Might dynomat my boot floor as its my daily car.

richsmells

I slept in a 205 XS once. Never again.

Obey_R

I slept with the mrs in my XE once... :ph34r: