• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sceptre

1.4l 205 Performance Improvement

sceptre

Hi!

I have a nice little 205 which I want to improve. It is my main mode of transport so nothing to drastic.

Where should a student with a little mechanical know how start on improving one of these cars? :lol:

Thanks

Here is the beast :lol:

dscf5111.jpg

welshpug

multi point injection and a larger rear anti roll bar :lol:

Richie

....and get some 1.6 pepperpots on there too. :lol: - where in Brum are you?

Will Eastman

Hey yeh where in brum are you, im at bham uni with a nice little 1400 what models yours???

Tesstuff
Hey yeh where in brum are you, im at bham uni with a nice little 1400 what models yours???

Let's take a wild guess......a 205 Sceptre?

BERTMAN

GTi front and rear valance's are a must!!!

oz.
....and get some 1.6 pepperpots on there too

Nooooo! Wrong so wrong! Rallye steels if yo have to

richsmells

Buy a Gti :)

If it was my car, better tyres and fresh suspension components to start with :lol:

Edited by richsmells

Anulfo

Stick a V8 in it!!!!!! :lol:

harryskid
Stick a V8 in it!!!!!! :lol:

Don't be silly hes only a young lad and he would not be able to get insured. Try a v6 instead! Seriously though a 1600 gt1 motor would be ok along with the running gear. :)

Lan
GTi front and rear valance's are a must!!!

agreed and if you want some 1.6 gti wheels i have plenty

muddatrucker

Rallye steelies and a front/rear gti valance.

sceptre

Whoa!!! Ok, this is such a great forum! Thanks for all your responses, I can see I will have to check this more often!

Richie and Lilwille: I am in Perry Barr, much prefer to take this car out in the countryside though!

Tesstuff: Correct, it's a 205 Sceptre! I have never seen another, I'm surprised you have heard of it!!!

Harryskid: Yeah, I would love a bigger engine in it, but my real aim is to do some road rally in it one day and I've heard a 1.4 is ideal for that!

Richsmells: It already has some medium quality tyres on it (the best I could afford, pirelli spiders lol, chose them for the name!) But the wheels on these things are so thin! Also, 'fresh suspension components', anybody know a good source for a cheap solution to this?

Lan: Do the GTI wheels fit these models? I thought they were larger? I would LOVE to get some on it though!!!

Muddatrucker: Yeah the valances seem a good idea! Any idea how much these would cost? The car is in such good nick, it has only done around 25,000 miles, I want to keep it looking top nick.

Again, thanks so much for all the interest! This car is going to be a beast!

:)

sceptre

Oh yeah and what is with this argument over pepperpots or steelies? Surely wheel weight doesn't make that much difference?

Edited by sceptre

allye

Sounds like you not going to being too much mechanical stuff, if you want to go fast don't touch the engine for now. Stiff fron and rear suspension and lowering it will make a world of difference, rallye steels and GTI wheels fit, Rallye steeles on 14x5.5j or 6j, Pepperpots? not sure 14inch any way. Wider wheels will also make a lot of difference, the valances will make it look twice as good. also some gti seats? they are half buckets and so comfy and quite cheap and easy to do. If you get that far and want more speed locate a tidy xs motor to put in it (same but better!!) with any engine fiddling with induction and exhaust is the way to go, further than that port polish heads fast road cams etc, although going to that extent you may as well do a motor swap/build. Have fun and welcome to 205 ownership!

Cheers Ali

P.S. Thrash the tits of the 1360cc, it loves it.

MerlinGTI

Your car is screaming out for White 1.6 GTI alloys and some GTI valances :)

Suspension (inc GTI rear ARB) Exhaust (inc tubular manifold) and K&N would be my next points of call.

sceptre

Thanks Ali!

Really appreciated

I have decided I mainly want to concentrate on the handling side of this. I will look into stiffening the suspension next as you guys have suggested, what do I need to be weary of when doing this? Can anyone link me up with a good thread on how it should be done to get the best results?

I would also like to lower the car slightly, I don't want to go crazy on that as it can sometimes make them look awful! But if anyone could link me up with some hints and tips on that too? I only have basic tools and cant really afford to take it to a garage to do any of this work.

I also totally agree with Merlin, it would look stunning with white alloys and a gti valance!

Cheers again guys!

Lan

sceptre, the pepperpots fit no probs and there 5.5J so they fit under the arches. If you are prepared to travel i have plenty spare that you can have and then paint white, there only slightly heavier so no difference really

oh and then wrap them with falken 912s cracking tyres for 28 quid a corner

Edited by Lan

Simes
Thanks Ali!

Really appreciated

I have decided I mainly want to concentrate on the handling side of this. I will look into stiffening the suspension next as you guys have suggested, what do I need to be weary of when doing this? Can anyone link me up with a good thread on how it should be done to get the best results?

I would also like to lower the car slightly, I don't want to go crazy on that as it can sometimes make them look awful! But if anyone could link me up with some hints and tips on that too? I only have basic tools and cant really afford to take it to a garage to do any of this work.

I also totally agree with Merlin, it would look stunning with white alloys and a gti valance!

Cheers again guys!

http://www.205gtidrivers.com/articles/b-re...lelowering.html

Cameron

106 XSI engine - keeps it 1.4, upgrades to multi-point injection ad 100bhp. :P

Bilstein suspension kit - they aren't too expensive and will improve handling.

sceptre

Ok so i've got some 1.6 gti wheels sorted now!

I'm going to get some gti valances if I can find somewhere to get them cheap.

I'm also looking for Bilstein suspension kit, suggested by cameron

sceptre

Oh and thanks Simes, that link on lowering the car is amazing!!!

Richie

I'll keep an eye out for you, i drive through Perry Barr sometimes, work in Great Barr. I drive a red 1.9 gti on an E plate, i'll flash you if i see you. :ph34r:

Simes
Oh and thanks Simes, that link on lowering the car is amazing!!!

All the information you're after has been asked many times on this site.

Good Luck :)