• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest kev205v6

205 V6

Tesstuff
slow you mean??? :lol:

Now now Kevin, do remind me of the four cars unable to keep up when i led our little convoy at the Lakes...Stufarri....Pugtorque....Marksorrento and....

hmmm....errrrm.....Blue Haddock!!! :D:lol:

:D

Tesstuff
how did you sort it Rob? any pics?

More to the point, talking about 'sorting' things, why can't you sort the speedo?? We all have working speedos :lol:

Rob Turbo
how did you sort it Rob? any pics?

The clutch? I didn't take any photos unfortunately, basically I fixed the clutch fork in place with a big ass bolt, welded an extra bit on top of the shaft to come out the top of the 'box, welded an arm from an MA 'box that I had laying around onto the top of the shaft, it needed bending to clear the thermostat cover so I welded a plate along the top of it to beef it up, then chopped up the clutch cable bracket from the TD 'box to make it bolt to the engine, routed the cable behind the steering rack to clear the manifold link pipe thing and it works a treat.

It's one of the things that needs tidying, i.e. a lick of paint, when I come to do that I'll get some photos if I remember.

Edit: My speedo works fine!

Edited by Rob Turbo

welshpug
More to the point, talking about 'sorting' things, why can't you sort the speedo?? We all have working speedos :lol:

I haven't even attempted to sort it :D

The car and its owner live 70 miles away which being unemployed I can;t afford to drive there all the time, also the owner doesn't deem it particularly important on the list of things to do :lol: namely stop the driveshafts twatting the subframe due to the knackered lower mount, which is now solved with a solid nylon bush :D

Rob Turbo

TBH I'd get rid of the hydraulic system completely, I had nothing but trouble with it on my last 306 v6, that's why I ditched it for my latest conversion. I think thirdtimelucky has a couple of photos in his project thread.

unariciflocos

I had my first attempt at making something similar to Hilgerts' adapter today, but the material I used for the arm was too soft and it bent and I couldn't bleed the system properly so it wasn't engaging on the pressure plate.

Any ideas on how to bleed it and this may sound like a stupid question, what fluid do I use? Brake fluid, servo fluid, low viscosity oil? I really need to get the clutch sorted tomorrow as it's the only thing that's keeping me from taking the V6 out for its first spin. :lol:

Daviewonder

Whats servo fluid?

unariciflocos

The fluid you use for the PAS.

welshpug

afaik its normal brake fluid that is used in them.

SurGie

Yes, on some bottles of brake fluid it usually says 'brake and clutch fluid' as they use the same sort of system as the brakes, under pressure.

Goliath
Didn't George have 155mph out of his V6 on the Autobahn?

Yes I did indeed, that where it hit the limiter for me :lol: If the clocks went up high enough I imagine it would be about 160 or so on the clock.

BusEngineer

Thats amazing George

I remember watching it when you first posted it

Its just so effortlessly smooth even at 155mph+ which as we all know is a bit of a character change for our beloved 205s

Awesome mate

Hows it coming along anyway?

Goliath
Thats amazing George

I remember watching it when you first posted it

Its just so effortlessly smooth even at 155mph+ which as we all know is a bit of a character change for our beloved 205s

Awesome mate

Hows it coming along anyway?

Thanks ;) I'm glad you like it :)

It has a great character, I love the way it drives, yes its different to a standard GTI but I have one of them aswell :)

It's great, the engine is in a different shell now from when that video was shot, decent suspension and brakes etc so is all good, although last week someone nicked my wheels and broke into it :(

I'm doing a CTI V6 atm, ready for the summer :D