• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest kev205v6

205 V6

Guest kev205v6

ok so im new to the site but not new to 205's

i now own a 205 cti v6 yes its heavy and is not as good round corners but makes a great sprinter. iv had may 205's and 309's from tuned 1.9 gti to 8v turbos and mi16 alloy and cast blocks. But this is by far the best engine i have used.

has anybody else from this site used these engines, and what do you think of them. cheers

pics can be loaded upon request cheers

M@tt

absolutely get them uploaded!

AJA_GTi

Teestuf has a v6 Gentry and yes - it is truely BALLISTIC! :)

Guest kev205v6

well im off down to my garage this afternoon to take some pics and finish fitting a new gearbox. as i blew a cv changing from 2nd to 3rd and the shaft smashed the bell housing on the gearbox. its still work in progress but is in good condition a full respay in the next couple of weeks will see it mint. its my everyday car.

the speed is unreal 5th gear see's the limiter very quick i have no idea how fast that is i need to get my gps in there im thinking about 150-155 mph but i could be wrong. i just sold my 2005 yamaha r6 to fund the project and i dont think il miss it.

Batfink

Theres a very v6's now on the site. As conversion parts become available I can see this becoming a very popular conversion. Thank you Peugeot for the big enginebay :)

Kev

Guest kev205v6

yer its big enough but could do with been a bit longer would of been much easier in a 309 the rad is so close to the mani

Richie

I really like the idea of a v6, i think it would suit my driving style nicely.

Tesstuff
I really like the idea of a v6, i think it would suit my driving style nicely.

You are welcome to try mine :D , it is perfect for my driving style <_<

Guest kev205v6
You are welcome to try mine :D , it is perfect for my driving style <_<

did you build yours yourself.

mine drives spot on clutch pedal is a bit hard but you soon get used to it. was yours a 190 or 210 bhp engine.

Tesstuff
did you build yours yourself.

mine drives spot on clutch pedal is a bit hard but you soon get used to it. was yours a 190 or 210 bhp engine.

No i didn't build mine, another member on here did it <_<

It is the 194 bhp engine. Plenty for the car. It isn't the bhp that is important with this engine it is the huge torque in every gear at all revs :D

The clutches are all hard , we would use a bigger capacity cylinder to make it softer, but im happy with it, you get used to it.

I have had liquid soundproofing throughout to make it a great cruising car, it is a Gentry after all.

SurGie

It sort of avoids the point of owning a 205 for its cornering agility somewhat. TBH id rather have a 309, 306 with a V6 engine in it, they are the right sort of size for it IMO.

Guest kev205v6

It sort of avoids the point of owning a 205 for its cornering agility somewhat. TBH id rather have a 309, 306 with a V6 engine in it, they are the right sort of size for it IMO.

honestly the corning is not bad at all, the engine is 40kg hevier than a mi16 engine

its quite expensive to do put worth every penny.

its not nice when saxo vts and 106 gtis are a fast little car after owning 1 myself not much can touch them even mi16, it takes a really good 1 to pull past a 106 gti but the v6 can do that no problems.

liquid soundproofing im defo in need of <_<

dcc

erm, i think this has been discussed to death.

v6 is marginally heavier than a gti6. the v6 is alloy block iirc.

i think the correct figures showed the v6 being 15kgs heavier inc box compared to a gti6? not sure if thats right though, just from memory.

the one thing i will say, it makes the car behave different because of the weight infront of the car, rather than being sat like an XU lump.

german mountains told me so.

p.s. daz loving the 666 postcount

welshpug

I've driven a 306 Rallye with one of these in it (helped build it)

Its quieter than the original engine, the extra weight on the front we reckon is around the 30 kilo mark what with the 10 kilos on the box, weight of the engine and PAS retained, but it hasn't been on a weighbridge.

As it was already on 280 lb springs and AST dampers, you don't notice the weight, and often you don't notice the extra grunt it has as its so smooth, until you overtake something and it disappears rather rapidly in the rear view mirror :D

Also with the engine being quieter and sat on a slightly longer geared box, you often find yourself driving rather quick and not knowing it, we haven't got the speedo to work yet <_<

Guest kev205v6

i got my speedo to work its easy on a 205 as they are cable, the needle goes wel off the clock but i can only guess to be 150 155 mph i would like to try it with gps,

does anybody know the gearing top speed of 5th gear. i think its about 155 but im not sure.

hexhamstu
its not nice when saxo vts and 106 gtis are a fast little car after owning 1 myself not much can touch them even mi16,

Not meaning to get into a my car is faster than this pissing contest. BUT a 205 mi16 is faster than a 106 gti.

Edited by hexhamstu

dodsworth_gti

v6s look and sound great,but it isnt for me,i like to rag the death out of a 16v and revs the knackers of it,and mine which was a standard bx 16v lump with a filter and exhaust,made 150.1 on rollers and it smoked 106's in a straightline :(

either way im a 8v man now :D

swordfish210

Didn't George have 155mph out of his V6 on the Autobahn?

kate205gti

it was a bit bloody quick thats for sure :(:D:blink:

Miles

You'll see that easy, I;ve got around 160 out of my 406 on the limiter in 5th, And yes this was on Route to the Girlsfreinds Sister's the other side of Essen

welshpug
v6s look and sound great,but it isnt for me,i like to rag the death out of a 16v and revs the knackers of it,and mine which was a standard bx 16v lump with a filter and exhaust,made 150.1 on rollers and it smoked 106's in a straightline :(

you can still rag the v6's, and they'll take it better than an MI16, and be faster! :D

jim205GTI

haha even though i might want to keep the 306 standard damn tempting once the mi is back on the road to put a v6 in it :lol:

blue_haddock
You are welcome to try mine :D , it is perfect for my driving style :lol:

slow you mean??? :lol:

Rob Turbo

My 306 v6 estate is more or less done and it's great, better than it was with the hydraulic clutch when I had it in the other 306, just a couple of things needed to tidy it up and it'll be a great sleeper!

welshpug

how did you sort it Rob? any pics?