• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
24seven

I Don't Want To Start A "what's It Worth" Thread...

24seven

I'm swapping my 205 for a boggo 309 this weekend and fancy an RS lump for it so I can make better use of the more advanced management and better driveability. Problem is I don't have the money, I'm a student, I'm poor and I'm currently working full time for no pay on placement. I do however have a complete 1.9 Mi16 with an unmodified 2 row 405 engine loom with ECU and working coil/amp, but the problem is the engine is in bits and I've no idea how to price all the components individually.

I hate to be making this kind of thread, but what kind of price tag is reasonable for the various components like the pistons/rods/liners/block/head etc (please, no "it's worth what someone will pay for it" comments, I can't use that when the for sale forum needs prices listed).

Thanks,

Guy

welshpug

what's it worth to you?

keep it (the engine) and save up for emerald/omex/dta?

24seven

It's tempting, but to do that there's the cost of the ECU/loom/sensors etc then to get it mapped properly there's the cost of a mapping session. Plus I'm completely 100% incapable of saving money from scratch, but I should be able to get the ball rolling by selling this lump in bits and selling the 1.9 8v that's currently in the 309.

I suppose to answer your question, to me it's worth only what it can be sold for. I've done the Mi16 thing now, I've done the 205 thing, I'd like something a little bigger & more sensible (more boot space & keep all 5 seats this time) but not another 306. Besides, I like 309's after the black 5 door my mate had a year or two ago. I just don't think I could live with a nasty horrible clattering 8v under the bonnet! :)

Miles

Not allot really, All parts would need reconing and unless the head is mint worth no more than £50.00 as you never know what needs doing to them until they are stripped and checked over,

Loom and ECU around £50.00 as well, The demand for these has dropped big time now due to the GTi6 engine's being so cheap

welshpug

clattery 8v? rebuild it and run it on MP3.1 :)

Henry Yorke

I'd keep the 8v as they are rarely in bits like the 16v's!

Daviewonder

To be honest mate I don't think it would be worth a great deal, I've been given 2 mi16 engines in the past 3 years due to no one wanting them as they were in bits.

24seven

bugger. not what I wanted to hear, though if I'm honest I kinda expected it a bit. I may well rebuild it and run it in in that case and try and sell it as a plug & play deal afterwards. Thanks anyways. :)