• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ALEX

New Car

ALEX

I've seen a few people on here who have sold their 205 for a CTR (or have both).

I pick mine up at the weekend, so it means my Gti

<<<----- will be up for sale soon.

I've had it for nearly 10 years and in that time it's undergone a few restorations, been on and off the road with 4 different engines.

The current engine had new pistons & liners, crank bearings, etc.. It also had a refurbed head with new valve guides and Gas flowed by Puma Racing back in 2003. The rear beam was also rebuilt & powder coated in 2005.

Since then it's had 2 accidents, the rear quarter was hit by a flatbed truck and replaced along with a new rear quarter and window.

Then last year it was hit from behind having the the rear lights and valance renewed. both no fault claims fixed through the insurance and not writing it off.

It's always looked good and I've had paint touched up / repairs sorted out to a high standard as soon as I've noticed them.

All the parts I've bought for it have receipts (an 2" thick stack of them) I also have photos of the rebuilds, and the damage from the accidents before the repairs.

To say the least I know my way around the car, and it's the reason I've had it for so long. But it's time for a change. :lol:

Thing is I can't decide what to put it up for?

looking on Trader they go from £300 for a shed to £3000 for a miter (no better than mine!) :)

TBH I'd feel like I'd be robbing someone if I took more than £2000 for it, as even though it looks and drives almost like new, it's still a 16 year old car that's got 178,000 miles n the clock. :D

I'll not be totally leaving 205 ownership though as I've a CTi stripped in my garage ready for painting. I plan on doing a good job at restoring it and keeping it for a while. So I wont regret selling the Gti too much.

S33GAV

So, with the title, I was expecting to see some info about a new car you were buying, but actually all you're talking about is the fact you're selling your 205, so pre advertising it?!

Richie

You may aswell keep it! which CTR are you getting the newest shape or the one before?

damien
So, with the title, I was expecting to see some info about a new car you were buying, but actually all you're talking about is the fact you're selling your 205, so pre advertising it?!

i was looking forward to some pics of a CTR but i was greated to a "whats my car worth" thread. :)

sorry.

a car is only worth what people are willing to pay. i would stick it on ebay with a high reserve to see what it makes then your get some idea

bales
You may aswell keep it! which CTR are you getting the newest shape or the one before?

EP3 is better :)

Phil H

I sold my 205 for an EP3 Type R. The handling is similar to the 205, very precise, but the CTR lacks the low down torque of the GTI. Once you get a cold air induction kit on the Civic, hitting VTEC is infectious, mpg is similar to 205.

bales
I sold my 205 for an EP3 Type R. The handling is similar to the 205, very precise, but the CTR lacks the low down torque of the GTI. Once you get a cold air induction kit on the Civic, hitting VTEC is infectious, mpg is similar to 205.

To be honest I would just say that is down to perception really, the K20a has more torque than either a mi or xu9 but its just a heavier car and there is such a contrast between low revs and high revs that it feels really flat.

I think with modern hatches unless they are FI they are always going to feel like they lack torque low down coming from a 900kg car!

I'd love to put one in a 205 though!

Phil H
To be honest I would just say that is down to perception really, the K20a has more torque than either a mi or xu9 but its just a heavier car and there is such a contrast between low revs and high revs that it feels really flat.

I think with modern hatches unless they are FI they are always going to feel like they lack torque low down coming from a 900kg car!

I'd love to put one in a 205 though!

Honda fitted a lighter flywheel to the facelift models to try to improve low down torque.

Alex - Get some pics up.

alphacharlie

I loved my EP3 CTR, Spoon Exhaust, ITG maxogen and K-Pro made me smile every time I fired it up!!!

AC :rolleyes:

ALEX

Oh right the car!

I haven't got any pics because I haven't got it yet.

Here's a link though

link

I was asking for info on what to expect in the differences between the two and yeah a whats it worth too. Not as if I've posted that question a dozen times on here or anything.

All 205 are worth different values now depending on the age condition millage etc. I just wondered where mine fits. My mum say's £50, my mates say £500 (cos one of them want it).

The Auto trader tells me £2000, and my last self valuation to not get it wrote off was £2800 (thanks just Gti's!) :P

I'm not intending to do any pre-advertising, I'll only be advertising on the Auto Trader site anyway in the next few days.

Pics as requested

Cti Project. Spent about 30 hours on it so far. Not quite there with the prepping yet, only done the bit you can see in the photo really.

Sorry for the late reply, spent my day off work at Alton Towers, probably the last ride in the 205 too now.

Bit disappointing day though ended up waiting in queue for 2 hours for that new 13 ride only for them to close it before we got on. :D

ALEX

Mods

If you could move this topic off topics I'd be grateful

I'd sooner just share the details of my cars and reg Numbers with regular members if possible.

ta!

Alex

dcc

2 accidents. wouldnt touch it with a barge pole personally, without fully stripping it and rebuilding it myself.

ALEX

Both were just light cosmetic 5mph bumps.

I think I posted them both up on here somewhere.

boombang

Bear in mind given the age of 205s, most will probably have had some bodywork by now. Certainly only a couple of Pugs I've had I could say I was 100% sure they'd not had anything done.

A rear 1/4 however isn't a small skim and paint job by any means - any accident like that IMHO would smash the cars value down unless you genuinely cannot tell it's there. Even if completely undetectable (very unlikely tbh) it'll still knock the value.

Given mileage too, I feel £2k is a lot. I do remember the days (in fact only a few years back!) when decent 205s would be changing hands for £500. Things have changed a touch, but only for the very very best cars.

GLPoomobile

On the one hand I do agree that having had a couple of bumps, it is going to lower the value (obvious really), but on the other hand, at least Alex is honest and up front about it, and the repairs have been documented on the forum. I think if you can prove (by way of documented evidence from the time of the repair - photos etc) that all repairs have been completed to a good standard, and that the chassis is straight, then it shouldn't necessarily hurt the value too much (but will obviously still put a certain percentage of potential buyers off). In fact, if the end result is better than the condition pre-accident, then it can only be a good thing!

Personally, whilst I'd have to think long and hard about buying something accident repaired, I'd rather know about it and know what's been done, rather than buy something and find out further down the line that it's been accident repaired, and possibly not to a good standard (as was the case with my Graphite 1.9). I wonder how many of us have owned 205s that have been accident repaired and we are totally oblivious to the fact :huh:

And Alex, naughty naughty -_- I'm surprised at you posting a topic like this! :ph34r: I read this when you first posted it and was also very disappointed to find another what's it worth/drum up some interest type thread, and nothing about your new car! Tut tut.

ALEX

I'm looking for a figure to put it up on trader. I don't want to put it up for too little and regret it and I don't want to rip anyone off either.

Here is the last accident link.

Rear bump (go to last page to see repair)

I'll have to look for the rear quarter one.

Edited by ALEX

ALEX

When a flat bed truck reversed into me.

This was replaced with a new genuine rear quarter and looks like new now.

The structure of the car was fine that's why it got repaired.

Here's the rebuilt engine (with Puma racings head) back in 2003. The car had done 140,000 miles when that went in.

Rear beam rebuild back in 2005 ( cant remember the millage) about 160,000.

the car was off the road garaged for a year in 2008 and has now got 176,900 on it.

chippy

it still looks a minter regardlass of the tips every car has had em, once the repair work was done properly and chassis is ok i dont see why it would lose value, :P

Daz_C

If you can't sell it and decide to break it bagsy first dibs on the rear beam :P

It were a joke !

Hope you get what you want for it.

Edited by Daz_C

ALEX

Whats an EP3?

Picked it up yesterday. It's quick! :lol:

It's got a chav back box on it though that sounds a bit naff I need to replace. other than that I'm very happy with it.

damien

the ep3 is the one youve got

more of a fan of the jdm itr db6

ALEX
the ep3 is the one youve got

more of a fan of the jdm itr db6

Is Ep3 not a standard type R?

I haven't looked into it much yet, been too busy with work!

The suspension feels firmer than I expected though :lol:

Edited by ALEX

grantley1988
Is Ep3 not a standard type R?

I haven't looked into it much yet, been too busy with work!

The suspension feels firmer than I expected though :ph34r:

ep3 is the model of civic ie shape. fn2 is the new type r, ep3 is what you have eg before and ef before that.

I used to have a 54 ep3 type r. Was a good car, stick an induction kit on there for the best induction note ever when you hit v-tec!

Very similar performance wise to my 205 not a match for handling though.

Could never seem to get to grips with the handling of the type r though.

ALEX

Car now sold! Very sad to see it go. -_-

I got a reasonable offer on it so took it.

I mentioned this site to the new owner so he might appear on here.

<----------Avatar also now Updated

Took it for a quick spin up the road and back just before it went.

It felt tiny now compared to civic and they are worlds apart.

Just getting used to the Vetec kicking in. If the205 had that I wouldn't have sold it.

Hmmm gives me an idea for my Cti project.... :mellow:

JIM89
Car now sold! Very sad to see it go. :(

I got a reasonable offer on it so took it.

I mentioned this site to the new owner so he might appear on here.

<----------Avatar also now Updated

Took it for a quick spin up the road and back just before it went.

It felt tiny now compared to civic and they are worlds apart.

Just getting used to the Vetec kicking in. If the205 had that I wouldn't have sold it.

Hmmm gives me an idea for my Cti project.... B)

Hi there,

Yes Alex did mention this site! I am the new owner and can I just say the car I bought is a absolute gem.

Alex has done a fantastic job and the car drives and looks superb. I hope to continue the hard work in keeping it in tip-top condition!

I know these forums are a brill source for info on the GTI so I will be checking it out regularly!

Cheers,

James! :D