• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
AJA_GTi

Dvla Insurance Database

AJA_GTi

I sold my second car on Sunday so, thankfully in my 205 full time now!! :D

It was insured immediately and I applied for a tax disk on line as it was previously SORN

It is now WEDNESDAY and the DVLA website and phone application system are still showing no insurance as the database has not been updated so the car is still not taxed.

I'm all for making it hard for tax dodgers etc but you cant buy tax even if you want too!

I'ts not like its even an unusual circumstance. I want to legaly drive a car so I need to tax and insure it on the same day - why do they make it so bloody difficult? I need to GET work to pay tax!!! :lol:

kate205gti

cant you just go down the post office with the insurance certificate?

AJA_GTi
cant you just go down the post office with the insurance certificate?

Cert. not come through yet from ibuyeco. There useless as well :lol:

dave_gti

If you cant print your insurance cert them from their website, you could ask them to email it to you and print it that way?

I've dont this is in the past.

AJA_GTi
If you cant print your insurance cert them from their website, you could ask them to email it to you and print it that way?

I've dont this is in the past.

Good thinking Batman - i'll speak to them now

AJA_GTi

Just managed to log on and print something off the website - thanks for the tip :lol:

Baz

And the Post Office won't allow that either! :lol:

Well, unless you're lucky/they don't realise it's just a printed one!

kate205gti

ive always used printed certificates to get mine - hence the suggestion :lol:

timb1046

ive done that in the past also, just get them to email it through and then print it off. at the end of the day, its printed by them and then posted to you, so no different but way quicker.

i've gone with swift cover now and they let you download it off the site and print it.

Baz
ive always used printed certificates to get mine - hence the suggestion :lol:

As have i in the past, and failed also when the PO staff said that it wasn't allowed. Madness.

Tom Fenton

I once failed at the PO with a printed cert.

Went to another PO a few miles away and taxed without problem.

jackherer

If your printer is good enough quality how can they tell if you printed it or not? Its never failed for me...

richsmells

Interesting. I've managed to buy tax at the PO with a printed cert for about 5 years. Flux only send the cert by email anyway, unless you ask nicely.

jeremy

When I used my 205 about two years ago after it had been garaged for about 4/5 years I tried to tax it online, and it kept coming back with an error. It turned out to be due to having the old style V5. Anyway I drove the car to Dartford with all relavent paperwork and Taxed it at the PO with no problems. I complained to the DVLA and they advised me that they could even see on their system every time I had attempted to tax online. Sorry no help at all but just a little story.

steve@cornwall

I've kept my gti on cover for the couple of years its been off road, but a check of MID showed it as uninsured. Checking with the insurers showed they had S310*** not F310*** as the reg (wouldn't have thought the system would allow that?) may be worth checking all your details are right.

M_R_205
I sold my second car on Sunday so, thankfully in my 205 full time now!! :ph34r:

It was insured immediately and I applied for a tax disk on line as it was previously SORN

It is now WEDNESDAY and the DVLA website and phone application system are still showing no insurance as the database has not been updated so the car is still not taxed.

I'm all for making it hard for tax dodgers etc but you cant buy tax even if you want too!

I'ts not like its even an unusual circumstance. I want to legaly drive a car so I need to tax and insure it on the same day - why do they make it so bloody difficult? I need to GET work to pay tax!!! :lol:

This exact thing happened to me last week,

insured my car on the Monday, tried to tax it online and over the phone and failed, then had to drive the car home any way, then from my house to the lock up, all un-taxed because the super computer at the dvla is not so super, any way the insurance certificate arrived today so i taxed it at lunch time :)

timb1046

i've had problems with this also, rang them up 2 days after i had insured my car and they were insistant that there data base gets updated every 24 hours so my insurance company must be at fault for not submitting the information to them. i then rang my insurance company who denied it point blank. luckily my certificate arrived the next day.