• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
4ll5op

Some Little [insert Swear Words Here] Broke Into My Pride And Joy

4ll5op

yup some one has had their dirty hands on my 205 they took my stereo sub and amp and damaged my door to get in im just looking for help & advice on what to do here is a photo of the lock

img0165h.th.jpg

also my girlfriends punto got broke into and they bent the door to get in this area is quiet to be honest so its come as a shock

img0164mb.th.jpg

Goliath

Sorry to hear this, I know how your feeling though, mine was broken into the other day too B)

hexhamstu

Mine was broken into a few months ago now. Bending the door back is simple and usually looks ok, but when they buggar the lock, a new door is probably your best option B)

4ll5op

my lock works fine it just looks a mess i could also do with the part of the console the stereo slots into as they wernt very careful when they ripped it out

MrP

Not good to see :(

Paul_13

It's scary how easy it is to do, I locked my keys in the 205 just before we were to set off to Amsterdam :( and had to bend the door back to get the keys out. D'OH!

I have a habit of opening boot then locking it before I take keys out and silly me left them on boot floor.

Now the window gets stuck when I try and unwind it :D

ORB

Ironic, I just came back inside from changing my locks and ignition barrel after someone screwed up my passenger lock trying to get in.

Leads me to another question, can you get a filler cap to suit a key or do you have to resign to the fact that you have to use 2 keys or change a complete set?

They are not like Fords are they where fillers only have about four different lock patterns?

Daviewonder

It really boils my blood! Its bad enough nicking your stuff but f***ing up the door as well :D

I locked my keys in the 205 just before we were to set off to Amsterdam :D and had to bend the door back to get the keys out. D'OH!

I've locked my keys in a couple of times, There's an easy way of getting into a 205 without causing damage, won't post it on a forum though :ph34r:

Pugnut
Ironic, I just came back inside from changing my locks and ignition barrel after someone screwed up my passenger lock trying to get in.

Leads me to another question, can you get a filler cap to suit a key or do you have to resign to the fact that you have to use 2 keys or change a complete set?

They are not like Fords are they where fillers only have about four different lock patterns?

i bought a full valeo lock set from ebay a couple of years ago and it had the skeleton fuel cap, ignition barrel, boot and door locks . i can't remember if it had the glove compartment lock.

4ll5op

luckily the lock works fine but ive got another 205 im using for spares if they didnt anyway, i just wish they broke into that one i wouldnt of been that bothered id rather them take my other 205 than break into mine. whats the best thing to do about the damage around the lock?

omega
luckily the lock works fine but ive got another 205 im using for spares if they didnt anyway, i just wish they broke into that one i wouldnt of been that bothered id rather them take my other 205 than break into mine. whats the best thing to do about the damage around the lock?

the only things i can think of apart from replacing the door

1 de lock it so take out the lock and smooth it and buy a alarm that opens the doors

2 if thats not to your taste google solex locks or look on ebay these are a little bit bigger than the standard locks so MIGHT cover the damage

4ll5op

i think ill try smoothing the locks and getting remote central locking alarm system. thanks for your advice

SurGie

Looks like the Torie sh*t has already started, crime going up, up and up because of cuts, cuts etc.