• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
giveitsomebar

1.9 Engine Reving When Cold

giveitsomebar

hi all, just put a 1,9 engine in my gti its still using 1.6 ecu at the moment it runs fine when its hot but when cold straight after startup it will rev to 2500 rpm and then 15-20 seconds later it will drop and then stop as it gets warmer it does it but then drops to around 500-600 rpm and manages to keep going eventually when running temperature it stops doing it all together an runs sweet as a nut.

do they have a automatic choke system or something? its a rally car so if possible id like to disable this so it does not rev its nuts out when there is no oil in the head

cheers

chris

kate205gti

mine was doing this yesterday (1.9 engine on 1.9 ecu) - i adjusted the mixture screw on the AFM and the idle screw on the throttle body until it settled down, now revs at 1k all the time :ph34r:

giveitsomebar

ive tryed adjusting the idle screw and its sorted the idle when warm but still doesnt effect it when cold :ph34r: have to play around with the afm later

richsmells

Are you also using 1.6 AFM and injectors? A mixture of 1.9/1.6 components can cause issues.

Do a search for "SAD", supplementary air device as this is basically the automatic choke and a common topic on here.

giveitsomebar

using 1.9 injectors and think im using 1.6 afm ill have to double check cheers ill search now

giveitsomebar

ok just looked at the sad and to be honest it looks like a little pain in the arse is there a way of removing it / bypassing it even if it struggles to start id prefer that then having it rev its bollocks off

Sign in to follow this