• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
davey205

Mer Bumper And Vinyl Cleaning Gel

davey205

Just wanted to share with members how good i found this product, and wondered what other people use for cleaning the trim?

Paul_13

Yep got that in shed, didn't find it lasted that long.

Did a really good job though bought the colour back up.

Edited by Paul_13

boombang

I thoroughly clean then paint the trim with a rubber/plastic paint. To clean I use panel wipe tbh, found nothing else cleans all the grime off. Given the plastic itself fades very easily, I've found cleaning and spraying it gives a far beetter and longer lasting finish than putting some sort of dye on, especially as it involves less effort and not a lot more cost.

Lan

one word.. plasticare, works a treat and shows no sign of fading so far after 1 year

SurGie

I use panel wipe as well then turtlewax bumper snot, yet to try plasticare stuff.

GLPoomobile

Oh for f***'s sake, do we really need to bring up Plasticare AGAIN? :(

Yes, it's brilliant, but please, can everyone just give it a rest for at least 2 weeks? The frigging topic isn't even about restoring trim, it's about cleaning and treating :)

Jeez.

omega
Oh for f***'s sake, do we really need to bring up Plasticare AGAIN? :(

Yes, it's brilliant, but please, can everyone just give it a rest for at least 2 weeks? The frigging topic isn't even about restoring trim, it's about cleaning and treating :)

Jeez.

oh dear you must be bored /feeling unloved as you had to read four posts before you found something to moan about :D:D:D

205Rallee

Euro Rallye = white bumpers, no grey/black wheelarches/side trims or boot panel = no need for plasticare/mer/snot :)

GLPoomobile
oh dear you must be bored /feeling unloved as you had to read four posts before you found something to moan about :D:D:D

Funnily enough I nearly replied earlier (after Paul 13) saying I wonder how long it will be before somebody mentions Plasticare, but then I decided to just wait until the inevitable.

Mentioning Plasticare seems to be the new 'in thing', taking over from previous favourites such as

Anyone seen that episode of Wheeler Dealers?

I've got a wet carpet, where's the leak coming from?

What suspension set up is best?

I haven't tried the Mer product, but I have used panel wipe (got a bottle for a few quid from eBay) and I usually use Autoglym bumper snot (again, this has all been covered a thousand times before). And yes, I've used Plasticare, and it's a brilliant product, but surely every man and his dog knows this by now!

garagegeek

I find WD40 on a rag brings plastic trim up quite well ,i only found this out when i spilt it on my bumper by accident

Daviewonder

Rubbing some diesel into the plastic works well too :D