• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
large

Pulse Jet

large

I am looking into doing one. Has anyone made one, any hints,tips.

Sorry mods wrong section. If it could be moved to off topics. :)

Edited by large

harryskid

Wow :)

HERMAN

I love the way that it is just held to the bench with a couple of mole grips.

miamichris

that looks like something you could quite easily blow yourself up with :)

swordfish210

One of out lecturers at uni made a hugely powerful one a few years back off of a design he found on the internet. He copied it to the letter and it worked perfectly, last i heard he was going to take it to the South Pole with him and make it mobile. Would be quite funny seeing it charging across Lake Vostock on a skateboard :)

davey sprocket

Have you not seen the scrapheap challenge episode where they made a drag race buggy with one????

Found this clip on youtube

martyn180

Had a neighbour who worked for rollys royce, and big into model planes, built one out of a bake bean tin. lol

blue_haddock

that looks a bit warm!

eddie bullit

That's what powered the Doodlebug in WW2 if I'm not mistaken. Real name V1.

German flying bomb also known as the FZG-76 or "Doodlebug" It was the first successful guided weapon. Its pulse-jet motor pushed it at speeds of over 360 mph carrying a high explosive warhead of just under 2000 lbs. They were launched from ramps using steam catapults and approximately 9000 were fired against England during WW II. Far from the simple device it appears to be, the internal equipment included a magnetic compass, autopilot, range-setting and flight controls.

Watched adocumentry on them. Extremley loud and could be heard above..the scary thing was when it went silent (as it ran out of fuel)it was on its way down :)

rescue dude

Not sure i'd want to drive

:)

large
Not sure i'd want to drive
:)

Thats the master plan!

blue_haddock

well what about this daft bugger strapping TWO to a motorbike!

richsmells
That's what powered the Doodlebug in WW2 if I'm not mistaken. Real name V1.

German flying bomb also known as the FZG-76 or "Doodlebug" It was the first successful guided weapon. Its pulse-jet motor pushed it at speeds of over 360 mph carrying a high explosive warhead of just under 2000 lbs. They were launched from ramps using steam catapults and approximately 9000 were fired against England during WW II. Far from the simple device it appears to be, the internal equipment included a magnetic compass, autopilot, range-setting and flight controls.

Watched adocumentry on them. Extremley loud and could be heard above..the scary thing was when it went silent (as it ran out of fuel)it was on its way down :D

There's a good exhibit on the V1 in the London Science musem. It shows the all the internals, gyroscope, compass etc. Interesting stuff.

Edited by richsmells

Richie

I made a pulse jet to make toast.