• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Richie

Sharing Some Good Vibes

Richie

I think the whole essence of owning a 205 is riding the rough with the smooth. I'd just like to share some good vibes about my 205 as im riding the smooth train at the moment.

Everything works as it should and i've been using it every day for 10 weeks and its...perfect. Well when i say perfect, i mean it has acceptable 205 traits like rattles and spitting a little bit of unleaded at me when i fill her up, but those are lovable traits providing nobody flicks a fag at me.

I get a sick satisfaction from people with new cars who are having problems and im like, yeah my 80's french shoebox is flawless baby, and looks a million times cooler than your blandmobile. I do it in an Austin Powers voice too baby. Not really.

So there you have it, a little thread of "yayness" - felt compelled to share a little posotivity.

Anybody else enjoying hassle free pugging? :ph34r:

I know i've put a complete hex on myself now, i'll wake up tomorrow, turn the key, it'll explode and kill me to death.

maturin23

You've done it now! I give you a month :ph34r:

The Arch Bishop

Good on ya fella! Mine's being suspiciously well behaved at the mo too. It's actually better on fuel and insurance than my everyday car. Oh and it handles/stops/goes/entertains better as well. Modern cars are dull.

Viva le 205!

MerlinGTI

Mines only happy if Ive bought it something shiney or fixed something. This tends to last a month or two tops before it throws a hissy fit and something else needs doing. :D

At the moment though much like the OP Im glad to say its running the best it ever has :D

Look after your car and it will look after you B)

Modern cars are not for me.

muddatrucker

I always spill about half a pint of petrol on me when filling up, I figured it was a unique problem.

dumbiron

Two years and 20K miles ,trouble free, only open the bonnet to check the usual levels.

Is a Diesel though :D

Not sure how the 2lt 16v ex-auto 205 thingy will cope though.

Richie
I always spill about half a pint of petrol on me when filling up, I figured it was a unique problem.

A thread for you. http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...=109612&hl=

You need to hold the nozzle sideways and push it in, "like how a gangster would hold a pistol" as one member put it :D

pugpete1108
Modern cars are dull.

says it all really mate :)

hope i'm not dissapointed when i get mine back on the road after 6 yrs.

kate205gti

yay :) mines just started for the first time in 18 months so im happy - still needs an MOT but im in a happy bubble for now ;)

davey205

Know what you mean - you always have to fill it slowly and always ends up dribbling a bit down the side no matter how much you shake it.

Edited by davey205

Edp
You've done it now! I give you a month :D

Less than that! :D

Roman

After full restore(from top to the bottom) mine work four year it's my daily drive and (knock on wood)

never let me down... :D

Henry Yorke

I have had about 3 or 4 years of yayness in my CTI Turbo. It has just started with a sticky starter and there is a slight rattle on the top of the dash that I need to investigate. It is a lovely feeling to was it, drive it, put it in the garage and so the cycle starts again! It is almost boring! However it can only go downhill :D

Daviewonder

I blame this thread for my 1.9 developing a misfire. I was reading through it the other day thinking how good my car had been lately, 2 days later, BAM! misfire.

Richie
I blame this thread for my 1.9 developing a misfire. I was reading through it the other day thinking how good my car had been lately, 2 days later, BAM! misfire.

I'm afraid legally i can't take any responsibility for that. Sorry though :ph34r:

If it makes you feel any better my interior light fell out this morning and made me jump as it my initial thought was it was a large spider.

Henry Yorke
If it makes you feel any better my interior light fell out this morning and made me jump as it my initial thought was it was a large spider.

You big wuss :) Did you shreik?!

99969804_00db2ff921.jpg

:lol:

Richie
You big wuss :P Did you shreik?!

99969804_00db2ff921.jpg

:P

I'm pretty alpha, i remained composed :P

I do have a pretty bad phobia of wasps, and once i went into the back of somebody because i had a wasp in my car. Thankfully wasn't any damage. Anways, i digress, 205's still running smooooooth ;)

harley

I read this thread earlier and at put a smile on my face as my car is also running sweet with no issues.

went out for a drive half an hour later and my head unit can no longer read CDs, could be worse I suppose!

I read this thread earlier and at put a smile on my face as my car is also running sweet with no issues.

went out for a drive half an hour later and my head unit can no longer read CDs, could be worse I suppose!

harley

sorry for the above. Internet issues. :D

mikebullock84

i read this yesterday, but mine has just developed a few issues! damm! had a good 1000 miles, it seems that my pas front caliper sticks on, drivers rear indicator doesnt work, but bulbs are good and tried new ones, and the exhaust is blowing! should of never read this thread! but i congratulate you on your problem free motoring with a 205! :rolleyes:

Raccoon

Mine like to randomly make the brakes unresponsive, keeps me on my toes :mellow: Plus its probably good for my health, doctors say you need to raise your heart rate so many times a day lol