• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
205turbo

Recommend Me A Throttle Body Setup

Batfink

Colin makes up a suitable flange for his manifold so effectively any throttlebody unit could be attached.

Baz

Yes that's exactly what i have, a custom length inlet manifold with a DCOE flange to mount my Jenvey's creating the optimum inlet tract length, and enabling use of 2 sets of injectors.

Exactly the same as Mos's car here;

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...c=80567&hl=

Spiky

i use sandy/colin setup

photo.jpg

11042009700.jpg

IMG_2938.jpg

Edited by Spiky

CaptainK

^^ My Colin/Sandy setup looks exactly like Spiky's except mine is in a graphite grey 205. :D Just that I don't have any photos of it yet..... :D

Sandy

This might appear familiar Kieran, yours are bike bodies based, Spiky's are Lotus bodies based:

Octblog15.JPG

Octblog14.JPG

Jrod

Sandy, roughly how much does a setup like that cost?

Sandy

The bike bodies set up like CaptainK's is about £650 all in, depending on the exact spec. That's manifold/bodies/trumpets/linkages ready to fit. You need to speak to Colin about specifics.

DrSarty
The bike bodies set up like CaptainK's is about £650 all in, depending on the exact spec. That's manifold/bodies/trumpets/linkages ready to fit. You need to speak to Colin about specifics.

I have just listed my first, and excellent set of these bodies with manifold in the FOR SALE section, complete with ITG filter, GTI6 fuel rail and injectors for £565. They are less than 2 years old and complete.

This set-up suits Mi16, S16 and GTI6 heads. Grab a bargain.

Edited by DrSarty

CaptainK
This might appear familiar Kieran, yours are bike bodies based, Spiky's are Lotus bodies based:

Woah ! You have pics of the beast. Thanks mate, thats cheered me up on this gloomy day at work as I had almost forgotten what it looks like. I never took any photos of it with the ITBs on, always planned on but never got around to it as it was taken off road for reasons that you know (only 2 months to go now). Then after that my brother has been looking after it.

All Praise The GTI

ive just finally fitted my old style lotus bodies same as spikys after two years in my wardrobe lol. not driven it yet but fired it up on a base map and they sound as good as they look :)

Spiky
ive just finally fitted my old style lotus bodies same as spikys after two years in my wardrobe lol. not driven it yet but fired it up on a base map and they sound as good as they look :lol:

sound awesome on full chat :lol:

harryskid

Will adding tbs give more bhp with a standard gti6 head or would the head have to be modified? :lol:

Spiky

i have stock engine with mine and have around 165bhp at wheels est 195-200 bhp fly

harryskid
i have stock engine with mine and have around 165bhp at wheels est 195-200 bhp fly

Might be my next mod then. I was put off when i looked at a site that did heads, tbs and ecu as a package and the items came out at about £3ooo. I want a fast rally car but i have't got that sort of money. :o

Sandy

It's especially difficult to put decent cams in the GTI6, because there's so little valve to piston room in the standard engine, making new pistons virtually essential for any decent improvement without risk.

harryskid
It's especially difficult to put decent cams in the GTI6, because there's so little valve to piston room in the standard engine, making new pistons virtually essential for any decent improvement without risk.

Hence the high price then. So will tbs be safe and reliable on an other wise standard engine and are there any other mods that can be done with out the cams being changed, bearing in mind of keeping costs down.

Spiky

your only changing the air intake, and nothing with the internal part of the engine,

it will just breather better,

will be just as reliable (with a good map) as a std setup engine :D

Baz
Hence the high price then. So would the tbs be safe and reliable on and other wise standard engine?Also are there any other mods with out changing the cams, bearing in mind of keeping costs down?

You'll still need engine management, i presume the figure you were quoted previously for £3k etc was everything included, these are just the TB's alone.

Sandy
Hence the high price then. So would the tbs be safe and reliable on and other wise standard engine?Also are there any other mods with out changing the cams, bearing in mind of keeping costs down?

That's the beauty of it. Some engines, and this is one of them, respond really well to a good TB set up and as Spiky says, if the installation and mapping is done well, it'll be just as reliable as the standard motor. Fuel economy is often marginally improved too (if you don't drive with your toe in the whole time!!)

Factoring in the cost of aftermarket management needs to be done, but significant in that is the more widely used ECUs have strong resale value, retaining about 80% of their original cost. OE ECU remaps and less popular systems however, have very poor retained value.

harryskid
That's the beauty of it. Some engines, and this is one of them, respond really well to a good TB set up and as Spiky says, if the installation and mapping is done well, it'll be just as reliable as the standard motor. Fuel economy is often marginally improved too (if you don't drive with your toe in the whole time!!)

Factoring in the cost of aftermarket management needs to be done, but significant in that is the more widely used ECUs have strong resale value, retaining about 80% of their original cost. OE ECU remaps and less popular systems however, have very poor retained value.

You have got me interested and when i've got the funds for a further update i'll get in touch with you. It won't be just yet as having spent a fair bit so far i need the rest of my budget for the rest of the rally season. I understand you do this type of work?