• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Anthony

Plasticare - Before And After

Baz
G101 is the boy for scum removal from a car. It is not cheap, but it is well worth it. It will take the crap off your engine as fast as it will remove road grime from the car. It will not damage your paint either. Made by Autosmart.

G101 is basically truckwash/TFR/degreaser/High alkali, perfumed for interiors etc. Autosmart stuff is generally pretty poor compared to other brands i've always found, apart from G101 as an APC/Interior cleaner etc, good sh!t!

Alan77

Just Plasticared my grey trim and bumpers. First cleaned with 'muc off' (mountain bike cleaner/degreaser), applied with small artists brush from B&Q, wiped off excess on red strips with white spirit. Used half of the little bottle.

Lovely. :(

pug_ham

IMG_3135.sized.jpg

Wow!! :( what a difference.

Nice work Anthony, the old girl scrubs up well.

I'll get some plasticare ordered later in the week, cheaper than the Halfrauds plastiic trim spray & doesn't need any bumpers removing for a quality job. :lol:

Graham.

Dazza

Hi Guys, where do you get this stuff from then ?

scotty

After looking at the results here its time to get me some and i might even use it one day B)

Ginger Ninja

Do you need to do anything special on the rear quarter trims (the bits that say GTi and the fuel cap) ?

Cheers,

Damon

SurGie

And the spoiler ?

All Praise The GTI

i ordered some the other day and it came today. cant wait to use it altho i expected it to be in a bigger bottle :D

lemmingzappa
i ordered some the other day and it came today. cant wait to use it altho i expected it to be in a bigger bottle :D

It will go further than you think.

Atari Boy

I'm on my 3rd bottle, it is great stuff Nat. Just make sure you wear gloves Nat.

davey sprocket
It will go further than you think.

Yep, what he said.

I did the all the trims on my car (admitedly only one coat but that seemed adequate) and only used half the bottle.

Veero

Another testimonial here. Does exactly what it says. Goes further, lasts longer and looks darker than AG Bumper Snot. Admittedly you need to be careful to avoid getting it on the paint work and it takes a fiddly long while to do it nicely but well worth it in the end. 9 weeks and counting. Normally bumper snot lasts 2-4 weeks before fading. The fiddliest part was doing the scuttle panel. Had it off while replacing the wiper motor so got an old toothbrush, came up like new.

Fantastic stuff, plus it will go further than you initially think...

welshpug

I wonder who it is, the pictures show a 205 :(

placed an order last night, received an email this morning confirming the order and that it had been posted :D

davey sprocket
I wonder who it is, the pictures show a 205 :D

It is or was someone on here..... when I first joined up I searched and found his post where he said he'd been to the states and found this trim dye and was looking to import some.

I can't find it now though. :(

Daviewonder

In all honesty it smells like thinned down tyre paint, Hmm I wonder....

McDude

I've just plasticared my car and whle I am happy with the results, I think the grey is a little bit too light for my eyes. I'd prefer something a little darker but thought that black would be too much.

Everything does look like new and is a uniform colour. I even did some interior trim bits that had faded (bits round the window switches and the sunroof lever) and they look super sweet.

AJA_GTi

I bought both colours and am well impressed. comes very close second to buying all new mouldings for 1/25th of the price!

Tom Fenton

Another thumbs up here, made my trims look good, I must have been tight with it though, as I used less than 1/3 of the bottle to do my car.

GLPoomobile
I think the grey is a little bit too light for my eyes. I'd prefer something a little darker but thought that black would be too much.

For the price per bottle, maybe you could get some black and try mixing them together to get a colour that is in between the two.

McDude
For the price per bottle, maybe you could get some black and try mixing them together to get a colour that is in between the two.

That thought did occur to me, Dude. But Now I've done it I can't muster up the enthusiasm to do it again.

Plastics really do look like new.

welshpug

I just had a go over my 309, must admit I didn't take my time to apply it as even as possible as I didn't want to use too much of it in one go, but it's not come out too bad.

I got the grey, as I want to do my 89 205 as well so I'll find out how far it goes, I don't think the black was right for the 30 even though it is a 93 reg.

muddatrucker

Just got mine through the post, is it someone on here who makes it? would be good to see it on the shelves if it works better than whats already out there (just needs a better bottle/logo and it'd be marketable based upon its results).

Not sure when I'll put it on, but I'll take further photos when I do.

supersub14

i was sceptical the the first time i ordered this a year ago, now i use it on all cars lol.

Def cant be beat!! Its a buggar to wash of your hands tho so you def need the gloves! :D

McDude
Its a buggar to wash of your hands tho so you def need the gloves! :ph34r:

Swarfega - takes it off nicely.

Gloves still a good idea though!