• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
weejp

Car Tax Price - Ffs.....!

dale205mills

My Bmw is £245 and it will be lucky if it moves once a week as I drive my Ford transit alot more, now I did look at selling the Bmw but with only 20,000 on the clock it is not worth it and I made the money back last year on what I payed for it so it dont ow me a penny.

gixxerash
I can't effing believe it, as if it wasn't already a massive punt in the knackers at £190, I go to renew my tax disc online and it's went up another £15 to £205, what a effing joke. I must have checked it 4-5 days ago and it was £190, so when did the price go up? :(

I'm dumbfounded, I'm sure when I bought the car, less than 2 years ago, it was about £175 - sickening, I mean the fecking car has done less than 4000 miles in my ownership, so I personally won't have polluted the earth very much - seems bloody unfair to me. :lol:

At this moment in time if someone offered me a fair price, I'd take it, this government is raping the motorist, and no doubt any subsequent government will do the exact same, I love cars but it's getting to the stage where I can't justify the 205 anymore due to the soaring price of fuel, insurance, tax.... well in fact bloody everything....!!!!!!!!! :D

I am fuming, don't know if you noticed.......

get out there and get your moneys worth of polution then lol

GG205rob

The worst bit is paying for each car. How can i drive 3 cars at once? To be honest it doesnt matter about going up £15 when i pay £100 a week for fuel but is still a p!ss take.

SurGie

It may be Labour that does it now but if the Cons come back then you will pay more any ways. No party will not raise the car tax system.

The car tax system may change to the mileage you do, they will use satellites to track every cars journey and will come within 5 years or so, thats what i read in the paper any way. The will use the new average speed cameras to track your car and these cameras will be on every road, so think your self lucky now compared to what they could or will be doing.

Big brother coming to get us :( .

Edited by SurGie

willmounsey
To be honest, car tax isn't *that* bad in this country compared to other places - check out the likes of Ireland if you want a shock!

(to save you looking, it's currently €445 p.a for a 1.6 GTi, and €614 p.a for a 1.9 GTi... and the exchange rate is currently around £1 = €1.15 :o)

you could buy a 107, £20 a year tax, cheap insurance, very high mpg.

but you choose to drive a 205 ;)

as Anthony commented, check out Ireland, I saw the disc on a 407 2.7 HDi last year, IIRC it was 1800 euros :o

Its a joke here, it cost me 150euro for 3 months on my van and it only cost me 250euro to buy :wacko:

As Anthony said 614euro for my 1.9gti and the roads are a discrace i dont see where the money goes tbh.

here's a list for tax here: http://www.irishlinks.co.uk/car-tax-ireland.htm

And there's insurance then :ph34r:

Will

Alastairh

I know how you feel. I can't justify keeping a second car on the road for a length of time now even be it a fun hoon car. But thats because i've just changed job and i now cycle to work. But even still, my insurance went up £150 this year for no reason other than getting an extra clean NCB. What the hell is that about?!!

Al

Henry Yorke

I don't really mind paying £200 for my CTI. You can pay £150 for a day at Cadwell or £50 more for 365 days of "track time" in the Peak District :wacko: The roads in Sheffield are awful but I use the 307 for pottering about daily. Tax is never going to decrease on high polluters. My 205 is a hobby and hobbies cost. If it is your daily drive then there are a lot of more cost effective alternatives you could have. There is nothing mandating you have to have a 205. Pay the road tax fine and do the track time!

Oh and my insurance is £195, agreed value, 5k miles, breakdown, all mods declared, fully comp near Sheffield city centre :ph34r: There are pluses to turning 30. I couldn't have had a third car beforehand. It all comes good eventually

Edited by Henry Yorke

oz.
Tell them you are doing less mileage, i am 20 driving a 1.9 GTI and i pay 1200 but thats on 9k a year!

I tell them I'm doing 3k per year (actually did 3x that...)

ORB

I taxed my 1.9 GTi today, I also had to tax the wifes V6 Audi A4. Happy Days :wacko:

Daviewonder
I tell them I'm doing 3k per year (actually did 3x that...)

Thats all good until you have an accident and kill someone and the insurance company checks how many miles you have done between MOTs and then tell you you're not covered :wacko:

Anthony
Thats all good until you have an accident and kill someone and the insurance company checks how many miles you have done between MOTs and then tell you you're not covered :wacko:

Not to mention having admitted to defrauding the insurance company on a public forum....

harryskid

I've just had to tax Impreza and its gone up £16 for six months. Its not the price that pisses me off but the fact that they call it road tax when only a small % is spent on the roads. I call it legalized fraud !

:wacko:

Anthony
I've just had to tax Impreza and its gone up £16 for six months. Its not the price that pisses me off but the fact that they call it road tax when only a small % is spent on the roads. I call it legalized fraud ! :wacko:

Actually, it's not been called "Road Tax" in quite some time, probably for that very reason. "Vehicle Excise Duty" is what it's called now, with any mention of road and the implication that money might be spent fixing them conspicuous by its absence....

NOsMAN

I havent complained yet :P I have to tax 5 cars and I can only ever drive 1 at a time plus im skint being a 2nd year Uni student, but as said I choose to have all these old cars as a hobby...which im regretting :P Instead I work by balls off in th evening to pay for the luxury of having all these cars , except at present I have no time to enjoy them.. ;) Have been using the 205TT as a daily driver for the last month :D

harryskid
Actually, it's not been called "Road Tax" in quite some time, probably for that very reason. "Vehicle Excise Duty" is what it's called now, with any mention of road and the implication that money might be spent fixing them conspicuous by its absence....

Still feel robbed though!

;)

SurGie
That's all good until you have an accident and kill someone and the insurance company checks how many miles you have done between MOTs and then tell you you're not covered ;)

Actually the mileage on the MOT is only for the owners reference, not for insurance purposes. I recently had to renewal my insurance and when i looked at the cars mileage then the mot certificate the mot place had added 1k on it by mistake. So i rang vosa and thats what they told me. I rang the insurance and its now been noted on their files in case i had to claim because i have a limited mileage of 1.5k.

Daviewonder

I'm sure the insurance company would be well within their rights to ask for proof of mileage before paying out and the only way to prove it would be using mot certificates. They must need some proof if an accident occurs. If they didn't everyone would be paying £10 a year for insurance claiming they only do 20 miles?

oz.

For me it was the difference of hundereds of pounds which I haven't got. For a Group 6 car it takes the piss

205*31*

so how much will my 205 gti be on renewal in june this year? its a 1990 non cat down on paper as a 1.6 but 1.9 engine ;)

SurGie
I'm sure the insurance company would be well within their rights to ask for proof of mileage before paying out and the only way to prove it would be using mot certificates. They must need some proof if an accident occurs. If they didn't everyone would be paying £10 a year for insurance claiming they only do 20 miles?

If you took out insurance a while after the mot was done then all they need is the owners word, my insurance was fine and what ever mileage you told them you had if its over the limited amount when you need to claim then you would not be able to claim.

oz.
If they didn't everyone would be paying £10 a year for insurance claiming they only do 20 miles?

If that worked then I'm sure plenty of people would. Doesn't work though does it... Find a decent example when comparing to £1000 of insurance next time

Daviewonder
For me it was the difference of hundereds of pounds which I haven't got. For a Group 6 car it takes the piss

So you could have an accident and cripple someone your insurance wont pay out and their life will be ruined but at least you saved a few hundred quid ;)

Jrod
If you took out insurance a while after the mot was done then all they need is the owners word, my insurance was fine and what ever mileage you told them you had if its over the limited amount when you need to claim then you would not be able to claim.

Mine just states if I go over my milage an extra £300 excess will be charged in the event of a claim.

It's ok though as I've done about 500 miles in 8 months and not by choice. ;)

Edited by Jrod

oz.

IF I have an accident which cripples someone then most likely it won't be my fault. I am yet to cause an accident or even be in an accident.

Yes I saved a few hundred quid. Which kept me in a job. Which supported my family as I am the sole income.

If you would like to campaign to make insurance cheaper then go ahead but don't try and tell me that what I have dont is wrong when I had no option but to do it.

Anthony
IF I have an accident which cripples someone then most likely it won't be my fault. I am yet to cause an accident or even be in an accident.

I don't even know where to start with that - shockingly naive doesn't even begin to cover it ;)