• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
eddie bullit

Love Me Pug!

eddie bullit

I've had my little pug for about three years now and have been refurbing stuff as I go. Its had a respray, all new exterior trim, bumpers, lights etc, refurbed and powder coated the front end, subframe with all new OE bushes, top mounts etc. I refurbed the front as the steering was a little wishy washy..felt like I was hitting ice patches at times and vauge dead ahead steering. This was really annoying as I used to run pugs years ago and always judged a cars steering feel/feedback against the 205. After refurbing the front end it was still the same :P . A mate suggested that it was down to the budget tyres, so I change these. Wow!! what a difference back to what I remember ;) no sniffing out cambers or ice like sensations. On a trip to the lakes last week me and the missus had a blast( well I did anyway ;) ) Need to spend some more pennies on her now she's got her mojo back!

New silicone hoses ( thanks for the link coskev) and a wheel refurb are planned for this summer. Winter will be all new brake lines and beam refurb. The beam is spot on but I not waiting till I spot camber probably to late by then eh.

Anyway thought I share as I'm dead chuffed with the little fella :)

Edited by eddie bullit

JRL

These 20 years + french cars really do test our devotion. Then again newer cars have given me just as much headache. its great you have it sorted for the summer. Mine is coming out this week and although I cant wait im also worrying about what will need fixing.

eddie bullit
These 20 years + french cars really do test our devotion. Then again newer cars have given me just as much headache. its great you have it sorted for the summer. Mine is coming out this week and although I cant wait im also worrying about what will need fixing.

Any piccies of the little fella :)

The Arch Bishop

I'm having a similar love-fest with mine at the moment! Took it to work today and had a cracking drive back home this evening along some of Sussex's finest twisties. It's going there again on Wednesday and then will be picking my 3 year old daughter up from child care. Can't wait to see if she tells me;

1. You're driving too fast daddy (usually when stopped at a junction)!

2. I don't like it! It's noisy!

3. Where's the cup holders (a mild obsession with her at the moment)?