• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest ch205

Ecu Remapping, 2.0 Turbo 8v

Guest ch205

Hi,

i have a 2.0 8V Turbo fitted to my 205 and wanna do remapping of the tables.

Can anyone here provide a definition file for any commonly used tuning software??

Bosch number is:

i think i can only do a definition file by myself if i have an eprom emulator, right?

thank you very much.

Miles

I really would look at aftermarket ECU as you will gain much better results and use a larger Map sensor.

I see your in Bielefeld, Not that I am but the Mrs's Sister is near there

Henry Yorke

As Miles says, your limiting factor is the map sensor which will only really run to just over a bar PSI. You can swap it for a higher rated Motorola one and map from there, but you have much more control with an after market ECU. I would love to get my engine mapped (2.0 turbo ECU ending in 219 - no immobiliser early XM) however I think only Chipwizards can do this that I know of. I don't know of anyone non professional who has the map of the standard ECU, let alone software to adjust it.

Guest ch205

i know that the map sensor can only handle up to 1 bar boost.

but i really like to do the remapping by myself. maybe anyone is here who has already made the definitions for it?

i won´t be able to buy an aftermarket ecu the next time cause i am a student :-(

maybe in one or two years...

or has anyone a remapped file with more boost?

Guest ch205

i can also get a stock ECU with number 219 at the end

so that file would also work.

Henry Yorke

I'm with you that I would love to know how to increase the boost / map the fuel etc for a different cam, but would not be able to do it myself. Can you not desolder the chip, read the definitions and then flash it via the EPROM programmer onto a new chip and tinker with the settings from there? You need to desolder it to mount a new eprom, or are you planning to use a piggy back adapter like Superchips do (but without the encryption)? If you make any progress, please let me know.

This is one from my last Alfa 155

post-3457-1271544552.jpg

Guest ch205

Hi Henry,

i already have an eprom programmer. and i´ve also already read the data from the chip. in my case it is a 28F512 flash eprom. you do not have to desolder it, cause it is on a socket. when you have read the file from the chip, you do not have any definitions, which is my problem. you just have the "raw" data. so you have a big cloud of numbers, but you do not know for what they are. because of that you have to get a definition file which "translates" the raw data to usable data. it simply tells the programm the map locations and dimensions on the axles. i think just "tinkering" without knowing any maps and units won´t be very useful...

best regards,

christoph

Henry Yorke

ok, that's good to know that the chip can technically just be replaced with another without any soldering. But as you say, the hard part is translating the data into the ECU's parameters so you can then make adjustments. Do you have a picture of the inside of the ECU?

Sorry I don't think I can come up with the answer for you, but I am very interested in this.

Someone has written a motronic emulator a while back in this post:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911...nic-chip-2.html

opticaltrigger

Hi ch205,

Have just been reading this post and Im very interested as I have somthing very similar afoot with a project Im working on.There's a thread on it called "Turbo Hill Climb Project" in the track days and race prep section.

I've been building a system to fire four coils sequentialy from IR optical sensors on the distributor using a PIC 16F876 MCU.

This post caught my eye as it seemed you must be working on similar lines to me with respect to your desire to re map.I'm curently at the stage with it where the sequential section works fine but I now need to construct a final timing map for it to work with the turbo.

I'm guessing that you must have a degree of programing under your belt so I was wondering why you had'nt thought of starting from scratch with it and perhaps building your own look up tables using delay functions to facilitate timing and fueling actions,I would have thought that doing that way would be no more complex if not perhaps easier than trying to unwrap the asembeled code your curently looking at.Just a thought,what's your thoughts?

All the best

O.T.

Guest ch205

Hi,

I´ve not yet read your Hill Climb Thread, but will do it soon... I´ve no degree in programming, but I´m almost an engineer for mechatronics. So i´m only a little familiar with this topic. And actually, i do not really understand what you mean with using delay funtions...

best regards, christoph