• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
steble

:(

steble

IMG00250-20100413-1732.jpg

and guess what he's not insured, so i'm not likely to get a pay out which is why i've had to put the 205 up for sale again :)

RossD

Motor Insurance Bureau - Don't they have a fund you can claim from after being hit by an uninsured driver?

Words fail me regarding these idiots who drive with no insurance. hope it works out ok.

Atari Boy

What a pane, is it a Mini?

Hope it gets sorted.

Keep us posted.

Batfink

I hope you called the police

MrG

did you get his details, tell him he pays or you take it to a civils court for action, small claims etc. He may not pay out or give you the cash immediatley but it will give him a major headache so he'll want it discharged ASAP.

Not a nice repair but a good bodyshop will sort it easily, I had the same incident and the repair was not too difficult.

steble

you'll like this bit, oh yes it gets better he drove off quite quickley :) unfortunately for him it is a supercharged mini :) so after a quick j turn i caught him within 30 seconds and after flashing, beeping and swearing he realised he weren't getting away. luckily for me he didn't know i was low on petrol :D

i got his details and yes police are involved, hopefully i can get the money out of him. he was quite an old bloke who hopefully won't want the aggro so will pay up easily enough, but i'm getting prepeared for the worst hence the 205 is up for sale. i like the 205 but i'm afraid the mini takes prioity. if i can i will keep the 205 but needs must

because it is a mini that area of the car isn't an easy repair, it needs:

a rear quater panel

the rear panel fixed or replaced

inner arch

radius arm

wheel

new mudflap

new chrome arch (which as far as i know only comes in sets of 4) if he's paying thats a shame aint it :lol:

24seven
:) Police won't take too kindly to him drivig off quickly, I hope you told them that! Good luck with the repairs.

swordfish210

That sucks. Well done for not letting the assmuncher get away and i hope you get it sorted.

MrG

radius arm damage. oh dear, ours (which was a 91 cooper S on 10's) was hit in the rear qtr, damaging the seam and the body shop who repaired it said it was a fairly easy repair, definatley no new panel required at the time. Hardest part was removing the RH tank!

Good luck with it, I reckon he'll pay no prblems.

notamondayfan

what a cock! I cant believe he tried to drive off!! Fleeing the scene of a road accident is illegal too.

Hope you get enough cash to fix it without selling the pug!

Deano

muddatrucker

Fair play to you for not beating the crap out of him. Especially driving off after knowing you know, the cheek of it. I'd of beat the panel out with his head!

Hopefully he'll pay, what's an old geezer doing with no insurance?

harryskid

Did the police take his car? They should have!

:)

steble
Fair play to you for not beating the crap out of him. Especially driving off after knowing you know, the cheek of it. I'd of beat the panel out with his head!

i was going to jump out the car and T*** him good and proper but when i saw him i think i would have probably killed him if i hit him

SorrentoED

I hope the stupid old c*** is reading this, see if he realises how much of a plank he is.

If I had my way all uninsured drivers would be strung up and shot, especially older ones they should know better.

Top marks for chasing him aswell mate :D:lol:

Daviewonder

Sorry to see this Mate, hope it turns out alright :lol:

Although these things are to be expected if you live in the O.A.P capital of the world :D

pugdamo

At least you caught the idiot,hopefully it gets sorted with no major grief.