• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Tony_205

Back On The Pug Scene With A New Purchase...

Tony_205

Hi all, back after a while out of the Pug scene, mainly because of the purchase of a 3DR Sierra Cosworth between myself and my son Craig, which was bought after we sold our Miami Blue 205 1.9 GTi back in December 2008. However after wanting a change the 'Cossie' will be going up for sale very shortly to make space for a new project to keep us busy. Alot of you will have seen the car listed on eBay for sale a couple of weeks ago, but we bought the 1 Owner 205 GTi 1.9 Turbo Technics from Brighton.

As we did with our G Plate Miami Blue 1.9 - which was on display at the French Car Show 2008 and won the Show 'n' Shine for Best 205, we will be restoring the car to how it should be with a few nice bits! Plans at the moment are to fit;

A set of our Goodwood style refurbished alloys

Some 'choice' tyres - Toyo R888 or the like

GTi-6 Front Brake Upgrade (already waiting to go on)

An uprated exhaust (the stainless TT item is looking a little tired since 1988 fitment!)

Slightly Custom Rear Quater Panel Badges From DrSarty!

Car has been off the road since 2005/2006 so needed trailering back. I am working on uploading some pics as we go along. The car as of now, has been stripped off all GTI trim including bumpers and valances, deciding weather to paint the existing bumpers/trim kit, or just to buy new!

Would apprecaite some suggestions, opinions please. Particularly to what peoples experiences are with exhaust systems on a TT converted 1.9. I have used the PugSport GPN system on a couple of previous 1.9's running standard power, and like the noise from them, while looking fairly standard! However i am aware that these are only good for upto 170ish BHP? So would i be looking at Group A spec so as to not strangle/limit the engine? I also would like it to last a while so maybe a stainless DES option?

Open ears for anybodys inputs :mellow:

Best Regards

Tony/Craig

post-3181-1271314374_thumb.jpg

Miles

that was the Ebay one I guess, Looks like a nice cheap car.

Only thing I would say is a shame to add those parts you listed as it will de-value it.

Exhaust wise, I'd just a copy TT system which most exhaust places should do, The Group N system's are poor (I do have another word for them) DES went ages ago too.

jackherer
Only thing I would say is a shame to add those parts you listed as it will de-value it.

I agree, an early 1.9 with a TT conversion and not many owners is going to increase in value if its kept standard. I realise that all the parts you are talking about can be swapped back to original easily enough but its never the same, an original car is always easy to spot if you look closely enough.

Henry Yorke

+1 on originality. If you are restoring it, get it along to Pugfest for the concours there as technically I think you could enter it as standard if it was a from new conversion.

jackherer

I hope those tyres are 185/55 :D

This place has changed :huh: We always knew it would happen...

Tony_205

:rolleyes: lol!

Yeah the parts would be swapped back to standard if sold anyway! Wow, i didnt know DES had folded, what happenned there?!

It looked a cheap buy at £1600 as the car looked good in the pics. It is original however has surface rust on lower of the doors etc. the car requires a full respray in my opinion which it will be getting in a couple of weeks once it has been stripped down. Planning on a light restoration, so it will be thoroughly cleaned underneath / engine bay etc. new trim, headlights, indicators, new driving lights etc.

Every window including the sunroof and the rear light clusters have the reg stamped on them apart from the sunroof which was replaced in 2003.

Pugfest was an aim date for finishing as it happens! It was taken to turbo technics when it was 12 months old to have the conversion carried out.

Exhaust wise, it needs doing so i will make a few enquiries :o

Thanks guys

MrG

well done for buying, I was so tempted myself and I have to agree with the above, a 1 owner TT 205 if all original will be a big draw to me.

Loads of pics please when you crack on with it.