• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest jcth1

A 205 I Have An Option Off Buying

Daviewonder
Offer the seller a cup of tea for it. And maybe a Hob Nob.

Don't be a fool, its only worth a rich tea!

The Arch Bishop

Ok, meet in the middle for a Asda Smart Price Oaty Crunch?

djc

When tea and/or biscuits are traded for goods/services there are very simple guidelines to follow. It seems some of us may have forgotten the simple rules, let me remind you of the most important one -

The goods/services received must not outweigh the value of the tea and/or biscuit.

Therefore in this instance due to the extremly low goods value the buyer must look carefully into the payment terms.

If a very high quality tea bag was used (Tetley Extra Strong/Twinnings) no biscuit would be due. If regular Tetley/PG tea were to be offered as part payment only a low quality biscuit would need to be tendered (supermarket value range rich tea etc). Under no cicumstances should any kind of chocolate coating/cream filling be offered. If supermarket own brand tea is to be used as payment a brand name biscuit can now be tendered as can a supermarket own brand chocolate coated/cream filled item. If, however a supermarket value range tea bag has been used as part payment a brand name biscuit must be used, this can be chocolate/cream filled if the vendor requires. The vendor also at this stage has the right to avoid the tea but take two biscuits as payment.

The above information was taken from the governments 'Tea for Goods Act 1978' subsection 2a.

I hope this helps swing a succesful deal.

The Arch Bishop

You are right of course. I feel such a fool...

djc

I try to help....

taylorspug

Ive been donated better 205s than that! I only paid £200 back in the day for my silver 205, and that was pretty much stuck straight through an MOT which it passed. Tbh id only take it for free, just as a favour to get it off his drive.

Guest jcth1
Ive been donated better 205s than that! I only paid £200 back in the day for my silver 205, and that was pretty much stuck straight through an MOT which it passed. Tbh id only take it for free, just as a favour to get it off his drive.

the drive its on is part of a favour to a mate. If it wasnt on that drive i would have a mk2 golf or sumit on it for myself lol.

Will chat to him and see what i can do about breaking it as im sure i could get £100 back if i scrapped it after a few weeks plugging it on ebay.

MerlinGTI

Well it seems im a bit late commenting here, but...

That a right old dog mate! Probably one of the worst 205's Ive seen. You would make a ton or two breaking it though id expect.