• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest jcth1

A 205 I Have An Option Off Buying

Guest jcth1

here are some pics of a 205 i have an option of buying with a view to TD from a 306/xantia. Whats it worth with a leaking water pump seal, no tax or ticket and it had to be broken into.

Wheels im sorting for myself of my mate so was wondering its value as a whole, a rolling chassis inc selling the engine and box to make way for a td and in bits by breaking

Image0015.jpg

Image0016.jpg

Image0017.jpg

Image0018.jpg

Image0019.jpg

Image0020.jpg

Image0021.jpg

Image0022.jpg

Image0023.jpg

laser_GTI

mint condition go for it.

2-Pugs

That'd be better off getting broken up for spares IMO. It looks to be in dreadful condition and would need a fair bit of money and time spent on it to bring it up to any sort of standard.

It's a 1.6 underneath so you'll be looking to upgrade brakes and suspension to 1.9 standard as a bare minimum, and it looks like it's got previous front-end accident damage judging by the badly fitting and badly colour matched front wings. Rust is starting to take hold too. And it really needs a full respray.

If you want a 205 with a turbo engine, or any engine for that matter, the cheapest and easiest way is to buy a decent one already converted from someone off here, ebay, or pistonheads. Don't waste your time and money on a shed like that.

Just my opinion though :D

welcome to the site btw :D

Masekwm
£150

Agreed

The Arch Bishop

Apart from the fact it's living in a parallel, vertical universe, I'd leave it well alone as it looks like it's been used as a diving bell.

Sarcasm aside, it'd be a brave project and I'm not sure I'd pay money for it.

snooks

Did you get any more pictures? :D

djc

Pictures? Have I missed something?

ravydavy

leave it alone or give it the chickens.

Guest jcth1

my mate only wants £200 for it. In all honesty what would be worth breaking? as if i can break it for my mate and list through ebay, i know i need 30 points before i can do it here, then that would be all good.

Hmm what do i do as i would love a 205 td conversion but wouldnt have 1k i'd expect a good one to go for as i do fancy a mk2 golf gti aswell with aims of tdi'in from a mk3 golf for now and having vag tuners TSR, local to me, do a 150ps PD TDi conversion from mk4 golf/mk1 leon in a few years.

MrG

I suppose its down to how well you can wield a spanner, however there are plenty about to choose from.

Miles

Not worth breaking anymore, 1.6 parts are worth less than 1.9's so there's not a huge amount to sell, £200.00 is far to much, Only worth around £80.00 scrap value

Baz

Walk away unless it's mega cheap, there's something not quite right...!

Guest jcth1
Not worth breaking anymore, 1.6 parts are worth less than 1.9's so there's not a huge amount to sell, £200.00 is far to much, Only worth around £80.00 scrap value

Well im guessing it weighs about a 1000kg so thats currently £130 before i add to it. Might just weigh the thing in then

DrSarty

It'll weigh less than 900kg.

If this is what you're going to do - and I don't think it's such a bad idea based on the pictures I bent my spine looking at - I would advise keeping the following items for your use or for sale:

> Speedline wheels

> AFM

> Coil and ignition amp

> HT leads if they're newish

> Expansion tank (if it has the level sender in)

> Steering wheel

> Instrument binnacle

> Gear knob and gaiter if in good (non-shattered/cracked) condition

> Handbrake trim

> Leccy window switches and pockets if there

> Parcel shelf if not ruined

> Brackets for parcel shelf

> Red trim strips and front valance if serviceable

> Cooling fan switch (in rad) and resistor by headlight with loom cut out

> Shunt box (elec distr box near bty)

> Headlights

> Rear clusters

> Oil pressure sender (mushroom thing on front of block)

All of that would take under 2 hours to remove and I think it would all prove useful.

The rest I think is meant for hooning in heaven I'm afraid. :mellow:

Edited by DrSarty

Batfink

its scrap. I always go for a good chassis as mechanicals are easy to fix...

gtmotorsport

Hope you have deep pockets, as that won't go back on the road looking nice without. As for the value £100 is fair if the trim inside and out is good, they are worth reasonable money as are doors. You have to ask yourself if you can be bothered in breaking it though.

djc

Surely its never worth the hassle, getting it back from A - B etc for a couple of £££'s. Personally I wouldn't even reach for the keys for the tool box.

shalmaneser

I reckon it's scrap value as others have said, there's a lot of rust there... If you're good with a welder it might be worth picking up for a ton, but not much more.

Peetypug

£200!

I've bought far better for far less!

what's the score with the locks? Lost keys? Sorry if you've already said :)

Guest jcth1
Hope you have deep pockets, as that won't go back on the road looking nice without. As for the value £100 is fair if the trim inside and out is good, they are worth reasonable money as are doors. You have to ask yourself if you can be bothered in breaking it though.

i break cars quite often for parts for my ax's. Should be breaking a 106gti in the summer that ill be keeping the engine, box, drivehafts, suspension front and rear and best of all 283mm wilwood 4 pots :D

£200!

I've bought far better for far less!

what's the score with the locks? Lost keys? Sorry if you've already said :)

the car had to be broken into. Long story

The Arch Bishop
i break cars quite often for parts for my ax's. Should be breaking a 106gti in the summer that ill be keeping the engine, box, drivehafts, suspension front and rear and best of all 283mm wilwood 4 pots :huh:

the car had to be broken into. Long story

Ah well, fair play then. I still wouldn't pay for it though! Surely they'll be glad to get rid of it! Offer the seller a cup of tea for it. And maybe a Hob Nob.