• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Alan_M

Motronic Mp3.1

Alan_M

I've got a MP3.1 loom in my garage which I no longer need and plan to sell. The ECU number tallys with a BX GTi, so I assume it's a bolt on job to a 1.9 GTi?

I just need to make sure I've got all the bits.

Got the loom, ECU with clear plastic valve, both relays, coilpack and leads, stat housing, CAS, TPS and this other gizmo......Bosch number 0 280 101 012. No idea what it is so can someone tell me?

Reading topics on MP3.1, it seems I'm missing the MAP and inlet air temperature sensor. I doubt these are specific to a BX GTi, so I gather I could rob them off other mundane PSA vehicles?

If I get the missing bits, anybody want to give me a ballpark figure on price?

Anthony

MAP sensor is usually built into the ECU on MP3.1 setups I've used/seen previously.

IAT sensor is a standard Bosch part that can be acquired from various European vehicles.

Not sure on the part number of the gizmo, but could it be the pot to adjust the idle mixture? From memory, it's a 3-pin plug on a matchbox sized black plastic box with an adjustable pot on it

Alan_M
MAP sensor is usually built into the ECU on MP3.1 setups I've used/seen previously.

IAT sensor is a standard Bosch part that can be acquired from various European vehicles.

Not sure on the part number of the gizmo, but could it be the pot to adjust the idle mixture? From memory, it's a 3-pin plug on a matchbox sized black plastic box with an adjustable pot on it

Sounds like it.......even got the blue tamperproof plug on it like on AFMs.

Might be an idea to have root around my garage for the IAT.....I'm Graham gave me everything I need.

Thanks

welshpug

yep, Anthony is on the right idea I would think, especially with a tamperproof cap on it, they're bolted to the ecu case on a ZX.

When you decide on a price give me a shout, I'm looking for one of these systems :P

The particular IAT used in the inlet pipe is common to 106's IIRC, but the sensor itself from most vehicles can be used as they give the same reading, but might have the same resistance range but a different fitting.

Alan_M
yep, Anthony is on the right idea I would think, especially with a tamperproof cap on it, they're bolted to the ecu case on a ZX.

When you decide on a price give me a shout, I'm looking for one of these systems ;)

The particular IAT used in the inlet pipe is common to 106's IIRC, but the sensor itself from most vehicles can be used as they give the same reading, but might have the same resistance range but a different fitting.

Maybe thats why PugTorque got a couple of MM8P setups too.......The IAT would fit then?