• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rally Slag

Vts Intermediate Driveshaft Bearing On Ally Block?

Rally Slag

Anyone know if its possible to mount the VTS intermediate bearing carrier to the 1.4 alloy block? engine should make around 140bhp so just trying help the gearbox out a bit, was just wondering if the bearing carrier would fit the block?

burr_2000

can i ask what you have done to get 140 bhp from your 1.4. Do you have a diff in the box?

Rally Slag

honestly no idea and I havent built it yet lol I bought the head and carb set up from someone else off here in december, he was running high compression pistons and managed 144bhp at the flywheels. I've got a standard 1.4 engine sitting in my garage, and then i've got this head and carb set up in my loft. I wont be running high compression but im still hoping around the 140 mark after alot of rolling road tuning. Gearbox will be a standard VTS unit for now, i kinda figure if a standard VTS engine makes 120bhp and im going to making roughly 140, then 20bhp extra through the box shouldnt be so bad. Like I said though, i've yet to build the engine and it wont be for a while, got alot of other work on at the minute and the figures are just going by what i've been told by the person i got the bits from.

Guest dean-191

Bearing carrier bolts straight on no problems at all. Just make sure you get the right driveshafts to go with the hubs you're using as there's two different types and you really can't mix them together. Best thing is to get the shafts and legs from the same donor. What carb(s) have you got? I don't think you can beat a strong 1400 for pure driving fun!

Rally Slag

no idea! lol :( havent had a proper look at them and havent seen them since january, i know there deffo twin 40 downdraughts, believe the manifold is one of the old GMC ones they used to make along time ago. This is a slow project, the mustang is my main concern at the minute but i wont go into that on here.

Well the car allready has a 106 NON gti 4 stud set up using the flat faced driveshafts, running 266mm front brakes, AX springs and bilstein B8 shocks on the front, handles and stops a charm but when the engine goes in i will be using a VTS box so wil be using VTS shafts, just wanted to make sure the bearing carrier would actualy bolt to the ally block and the shaft would fit.