• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
hothatch

Baker Bushes And Mounts

hothatch

How do you rate the group n engine mounting kit, top strut mounts and gear rod kit ?

Thinking of buying before I'm ready for the conversion so comments are much appreicated !

Anthony

Can't speak for the gear rod kit, but certainly Stew's engine and suspension mounts, along with his silicon coolant hose kit (I have all three) are excellent and well recommended :(

205turbo

i agree have his hose's , bushes and 8v verner

hothatch
Can't speak for the gear rod kit, but certainly Stew's engine and suspension mounts, along with his silicon coolant hose kit (I have all three) are excellent and well recommended :(

Brilliant stuff cheers ant ! I ll take your word on that one ! I will definatly be buying the mount kit and strut top bushs then happy days. You havnt used the gear rod kit then I take iit ?

Would the mi16 hose kit be suitible for the gti6 conversion ? As I see they don't do a specific gti6 kit?

Baz

Fantastic products and service. :(

hothatch
Fantastic products and service. :(

Awsome stuff boys! Nice to know I'm going to be investing my cash in a nice bit of kit ! Thanks to you boys.

Do the MI hoses fiit the gti6 lump? By any chance lol? Or can I buy a conversion silicone hose kit some else? Or will they make me one haha B) ?!

Pherhaps if I ask them nicely ! :P

Baz

There is a GTi6 set iirc.

Stew will sort you out, he is a member on here too btw. :(

Alan77

I have the rod set and bronze linkage bush set. They make an unbelieivable difference to the feel of the gear change, eliminating all the slop. One of the best upgrades to make IMO. Currently saving up for the hose sets.

hothatch
There is a GTi6 set iirc.

Stew will sort you out, he is a member on here too btw. :(

Cheers baz I don't quite need them yet but shouldn't be to long , just gota paint my bay up before drop the lump in but time is of an essence atm lol.

I think I will let you know when I need the kit though baz as a silicone kit looks far neater I think. Who is stew by the way ? are they bent hoses or joins in them ? Eaither way I don't mind as long as their neat, don't mind paying then see.

I bet the phosphor bronze bushes do make a nice difference mind, I used a groupn torque bush on my old gti and that made an awsome difference on its own so I can imagine the crispness of the changes with both .

hothatch

Well thanks for the info baz, very handy. Cheers mate :(

dale205mills

I have just brought Front Strut Top Rubbers for my 205 and the service once great and I will be buying from them stew again.

CosKev

Same as everyone above :(

Spot on products/service/fast delivery etc B)

I'm using silicone hose kit,eng mounts and Gti6 thermostat adapter :)

Stu

At the risk of echoing what other people have said, i've bought a lot of stuff from Stew for mine, i've got his Grp A beam mount kit, top mounts, silicone hoses and engine mounts and cant fault them. Perfect fit, good product.

Also he's a top guy :) helped me out with meeting up for some stuff when i was desperado so a big thumbs up from me :(

hothatch
At the risk of echoing what other people have said, i've bought a lot of stuff from Stew for mine, i've got his Grp A beam mount kit, top mounts, silicone hoses and engine mounts and cant fault them. Perfect fit, good product.

Also he's a top guy :) helped me out with meeting up for some stuff when i was desperado so a big thumbs up from me :(

Well he will be proud of his feedback and well done to him. He's obviously well established now aswell.

Nice to know my moneys gogoing to be invested in good products and going to good people.

harryskid

I have just bought an engine mount set and a pivot bush they look good. Stew is also a great chap to deal with and i would definitely use his stuff again. I'am a bit worried though as i've ordered the aluminum thermostat adpt as there was a guy selling 26 of them a lot cheaper but than i saw one of the buyers posting that it did not fit. I would add thought the seller did say they were not BBM but he implied he did the originals. How ever i'am sticking with BBM and i'am sure they will be fine.

:)

harryskid
I have just bought an engine mount set and a pivot bush they look good. Stew is also a great chap to deal with and i would definitely use his stuff again. I'am a bit worried though as i've ordered the aluminum thermostat adpt as there was a guy selling 26 of them a lot cheaper but than i saw one of the buyers posting that it did not fit. I would add thought the seller did say they were not BBM but he implied he did the originals. How ever i'am sticking with BBM and i'am sure they will be fine.

:)

Forgot to say the 26 adpts where on this forum.

Daxed

I have had 2 of Stew's babies, they all look like him therefore wonderfully good looking and drive like Tarmac Gods.

Oh, I also bought a load of stuff from him too. All spot on.

Matteo

Yes, I agree. Great products and service! :)

lemmingzappa

I'm using the Grp.A Beam Kit & Grp.N strut mount rubbers and they are noice like a toiger.

Baz

Toiger's aren't noice, they're toight.

Toight is noice! :D

damien

as everyone else, ive got the hoses/mounts/bushes and ive never had a problem.