• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ade 4wd

205 Diesel Sold On Ebay

ade 4wd

This 205 Diesel is an L reg, low mileage, 5 door, non turbo and sold for £1761.09.

Ebay item number 110514090211

I bought an N reg 205 diesel for £130. Wish i hadnt broke it for parts now.

MrG

I suppose it all depends on what the owner wants, if they need a good useable economic car for work then a good 205 diesel probably makes sense so they’ll pay for a good one. I wouldn’t mind a good decent 205 GTX or TD for a short commute.

shalmaneser

That's still silly money for a 20 year old non turbo diesel hatchback.

Still on original tyres :angry:

rather them than me.

Edited by shalmaneser

mickie

it was probably bit up by a friend

ade 4wd

It may well of been bid up by a friend, but 5 different people bid over £1000.

Just noticed it didnt even have electric windows.

SurGie

The price of 205's have definitely shot up haven't they ?

richsmells

I'm potentially looking for a half decent diesel 205 as a second car for commuting and sharing the 6 with my gf. I'm struggling to find one in good condition at what I would consider a reasonable price.

I'm counting on finding one in the street or private adds, owned by a grandma from new. ;)

Edited by richsmells

Pugnut

for a tidy well looked after car with a good balance of MOT, £1000 isn't a lot of money is it ?

richsmells

True, but it's still going to be a 14+ year old base model 205, so I would class £1k as expensive.

Edited by richsmells

muddatrucker

Its probably an old person selling to another old person. I had an old guy at work telling me how he got his Saab serviced for £200 and how he had to do a 100 mile trip to get it, thought he was getting 'mates rates' I think the phrase was ripped off.

Although I'd trust a 14 year old over a 9 year old electrical mess.

Edited by muddatrucker

dumbiron

Makes my "one owner from new" 205 diesel sound cheap,

It was free :)

Just finished two years of trouble free motoring, and ready for two more !

I have had £1800 cars not last a year, although they were Range Rovers

dave_gti

To economically minded people who aren’t bothered with comfort and gadgets they’re worth a lot because of the cheap motoring. I’ve had a few diesels.

Although the 1st wasn’t a 205, it was a 106 1.5d I paid £200 and it lasted 2yrs, the only problem I had with it was the brakes needed replacing and I sold it for £250.

I then bought an immaculate 205 1.8d (non turbo) for £500, showroom condition with FSH and only 60k miles. I couldn’t keep it because it would have been a shame to see it get wrecked as daily run-around. I put it on eBay and I got £1200 for it. The lady who bought it had a 205d for 9yrs or something similar and had done over 250,000 miles, to save hassle with picking her new car up, she gave me her car for the price of scrap too.

I’m now on my 3rd, a 205 1.8D again, I paid £250 for it, a couple of months later its already paid for itself.

All of the above had been reliable and can achieve over 50mpg, and I can’t understand when I been bargain hunting why I see people pay £1000s for golf diesels etc which have already covered ridiculous miles and cost a arm and a leg to repair and service in comparison to little dirty diesel pugs.