• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
bigryrs

Nitrous Dilema

bigryrs

Hi folks im currently installing a gti6 engine into my 205 gti and i bought a zex nitrous kit that was removed from a sierra cosworth! im just not sure if i want to fit it or not as i dont want my engine to blow up etc etc how safe will this be? it has a 75 horse jet but i want to downgrade that to something smaller if i was going to fit the kit!

Gibbo GTI

I suggest you visit Wizards of Nos I've used nitrous before albeit not on my 205 although it will be having some soon lol. If the engine is in good condition and you are sensible with it then it's no different to any other tuning except it runs out lol.

blessed6383
Hi folks im currently installing a gti6 engine into my 205 gti and i bought a zex nitrous kit that was removed from a sierra cosworth! im just not sure if i want to fit it or not as i dont want my engine to blow up etc etc how safe will this be? it has a 75 horse jet but i want to downgrade that to something smaller if i was going to fit the kit!

if you are going to fit it but dont want to blow the lump fitting 25~50bhp jets will def help but to be completely honest i had nos on my old rs2000 on the throttle not on a button (came on in every gear at a certain point on the throttle 3/4 open) only when on as you really could not drive round all day like this, and its not about will it blow my lump its about how you drive and how long before it blows the lump up!!

as unless you get the crank strenghten and other bits like uprated rods etc you wont be doing the bottom end any good, saying that if your having it as a party piece and just want it so you can say you have nos go with a 25bhp jet size

nos is wicked dnt let me put you off the idea but it can become expensive if you have a heavy right foot lol

Sign in to follow this