• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
steble

Ht Leads Halfords Are Useless!

steble

I guess i'm not the first to discover that halfords are crap and don't stock ht leads for a 1.6 gti what a bunch of gays christ knows where i'll get them from for a reasonable price now other than ebay. and today everything is shut still.

(p.s halfords is reasonable because i have a trade card)

boombang

Halfords sell basic car parts, given how few 205s there are out there and the fact that most 205 owners probably wouldn't go there anyhow, why would they stock them?

Go to a Euro Car Parts or GSF and try to get a set of Bougiecord leads.

welshpug

Agreed with Alex :P they haven't made the 205 gti for some 16 years or so, I doubt that many owners would be looking in halfords for leads any more.

though I did get soem leads from halfords a few years ago for my 205, they were the hotleads or something, you have to buy them individually.

Find a GSF or ECP as mentioned, or try a Motaquip dealer, might even have them in stock.

steble

how much am i expecting them to be? gsf etc not open today :s, i tried all the local ones ses,camberly's, unipart, cpa the lot

halfords have stocked stuff for all the other cars i been there for classic minis much older, mk1 golf cabby much older and rarer than 205, mk2 golf, 205 xs (rocking horse ****) etc etc just not for the 205 gti pain in the ****

welshpug

minis were made till 99, and there were a lot more of them, and the mk1 golf's bits were used on more than just the golf, probably millions of egnines shared the bits, unlike the 205 git.

how much? I think the last Beru set I got from GSF was just under £25.

omega

id go back as im sure you can get halfords to order them

wont help 2 day though

steble
minis were made till 99, and there were a lot more of them, and the mk1 golf's bits were used on more than just the golf, probably millions of egnines shared the bits, unlike the 205 git.

how much? I think the last Beru set I got from GSF was just under £25.

minis were made till 2001 actually so :P:lol: but mines a carb which were only made till 93/94

the ones made till 2001 were fancy and had ecu's and coil packs lol

MerlinGTI
I guess i'm not the first to discover that halfords are crap and don't stock ht leads for a 1.6 gti what a bunch of gays christ knows where i'll get them from for a reasonable price now other than ebay. and today everything is shut still.

(p.s halfords is reasonable because i have a trade card)

Loving your rant :lol:

Online - Try www.performanceleads.co.uk

Shop - GSF (Specify OE Quality)

About £30 from both places

2-Pugs

Halfords do stock HT leads for the 205GTI, at least my local one does. I bought some of their own brand ones about a year ago which are light grey Bosch looky-likies, and I keep meaning to replace them with the pukka Bosch ones, which Halfords also sell, in fact I was looking at a Bosch set for the 205/309GTI just the other day in there, which I very nearly bought.

happygoron

I just installed a Bosch set I bought from Halfords a few months back.

damien

ive never had a problem getting ht leads from halfords, the last set i got was early december

Anthony

Yup, my local one certainly keeps in stock the HT leads to suit GTi's with the later style dizzy cap and inlet-mounted coil, and the leads to suit a 205 XS (and most TU 205's I suspect). Can't say I've had any issues with the Halfords own brand ones either, and they were fairly cheap with trade discount compared to the usual GSF Boulicord (sp?) ones that I normally buy.

dodsworth_gti

halfords in york are pretty good at moment,they sacked of local twats and got a ex motor factors old man and 2 other lads that are pretty clued up,and because motorfactors is just round the corner,i can go to halfords,order the bits,then either go back in a hour or wait if i really want,then i can use my trade card at halfords and it works out a tiny bit cheaper than going to factors haha

still use motorfactors though for the delivery service ect and my mate who is also a 205 nut works there so he always finds me good stuff and cheap :wub:

richsmells

I bought a set of discounted Bosch leads from Halfords for £10 :angry: