• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Stu

New Engine Spec Recommendations/advice

dcc

There are a few well set up xu10j4rs engines which are running ITB's and mappable management, most getting between 185 and 195 on standard cams and exhausts.

DRTDVL

Got to ask as the hp figures most people throw around on here are they wheel hp or fly hp?

DrSarty
Got to ask as the hp figures most people throw around on here are they wheel hp or fly hp?

Most people quote - perhaps incorrectly - flywheel HP.

ATW is what's important naturally, but then again we're down to the old argument of who's rollers tell the truth.

Torque of the Devil is praised, as are Dyno Dynamics rollers in general; but even then, we get varying figures based on tyre pressures, gear used etc etc.

So to be frank, it's all rather meaningless.

petert

To keep it in perspective, I know a guy who put his Lotus twin cam on the engine dyno earlier this week. He already had 200hp from a previous test, then spent thousands on dry sumping, head and cam improvements, to make 205hp. It cost $1000 for the day. At least you know it's REAL flywheel hp........................ and very impresive for an 8V 1700cc.

DRTDVL
Most people quote - perhaps incorrectly - flywheel HP.

ATW is what's important naturally, but then again we're down to the old argument of who's rollers tell the truth.

Torque of the Devil is praised, as are Dyno Dynamics rollers in general; but even then, we get varying figures based on tyre pressures, gear used etc etc.

So to be frank, it's all rather meaningless.

Yeah i understand that whole different dyno different results, hence why i only use the same dyno for all my testing. It's just a tuning tool like a flow bench.

140hp at the wheels on one and then 122 at the wheels on another, less than a month later. I use the 122hp place now.

It's interesting because in NZ when you refer to hp it's typically stated as at the wheels as drivetrain loss calculations vary so much depending on the operator/car/oil/etc... I keep seeing figures on here of 180, 200 and think crap they must be fly or my car is seriously under performing.

Edited by DRTDVL

Sign in to follow this