• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MrG

L And M Reg Gti's?

mr_exe

Never seen an M reg Gti at all, seen a few L reg Gti's, which seem to have grey carpets, and one of those was a Hong Kong spec model with an a/c button

ORB

Chassis numbers are important, then we can work out the true age of a car.

Take this example. I sell cars for a large dealership, we used to be Rover until they went bust. In the indoor compound we have a brand new (still in the wrappers) Rover 75. The car delivery note from the transporter was Feb 2005. If we fancied, we could register this car and put it on the road as a 10 plate. But the owner of the firm wants to keep it as it will have much larger value in 20 years.

Henry Yorke
Chassis numbers are important, then we can work out the true age of a car.

I have a good database of old chassis numbers. Chassis number is king rather than when it was registered as "the last" in my opinion is the final chassis to come off the production line.

205wrc

I have an L reg, although it's just a shell now. Thats how I bought it last year. The number plate was still in the car. If someone wants to check the chassis number I'll pm it to you.

Jemehan

I had a L reg 1.9 CTI (converted 1.6) A guy in wales baught it off me when i got my GTI. I assume thats still driving around...He is mad though, taking a CTI TO WALES!? no thanks...

2-Pugs

Really to get to the bottom of this you need someone in Peugeot to put your VIN number into their 'CORVET' system which is the production records database they have. It details when and where the car was made. and the date it rolled off the production line. As well as all the option fittings etc that it had.

As ORB says this is a better guide than the date of registration which is not really much of a guide at all.

But to compare of course you'd need to know when the last cars were made, and again you'd need someone in Peugeot to tell you that a bit more precisely.

Arahan

My mate, who is also on here, owns 2 L reg Miamis!