• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Eddy5

Bonnet Hinges

Eddy5

Make sure your bonnet hinge is well oiled (And I don't mean drunk :D )

Mine has broken yet again in another place. This time it was the rear most bolt into the wing on the passenger side. It had gone a bit rusty, seized up and then sheared the bolt. As there's no real access to the other side without taking the wing off I've had to sort of bodge it by using a self tapping bolt into the drilled hole. Not my best effort but it seems to work. So go out tomorrow and oil those hinges. ;)

Has anyone else suffered this, and if so how have they fixed/bodged it?

Guest chr15e2002

Hi there,

My laser green 1.9 did this about 2 weeks after purchase. A local garage said they would do the job for £150, so naturally I thought sod that I'll do it myself. I had already planned to re-spray the bumber, and re-fit the valance which some bone head had bodged. So I promptly snapped all the bolts holding the valance up, because they had all seized up. Then the bumper was next after that I removed the sideskirt (corsica style), then the arch moulding. With all the bolts along the top of the wing undone, as well as the others behind the the bumber and in the arch. The wing would not come off then I discovered another bolt near the a-pillar inside the door, captive nut type. The nut was just spining, could'nt get anything inbetween the door and pillar to stop it. So I decided to take the door off, as you do. Then ground the nut off, now the wing would come off. Next problem as you'd expect there is'nt a nice sticker or something similar (blanking plate) to remove to access the bolts. So out came the grinder again and I cut a 3 inch square hole in the frame, to undo the bolt. Put a new 10mm bolt with locking washer in and reversed all the mess I had made in the process (by the way I changed the front bolt at the same time). Not going through that again. So I would agree make sure you lubricate those bonnet bolts, I do mine my mum's auto every couple of months now. Took about 6 hours over a few nights last summer.

Bit long winded, but please take notice.

Cheers

Chris

pug_ham

This happened on mine when I went to remove the bonnet and I fixed it by getting a shouldered bolt with the head cut off welded to the inner wing oanel and using it as a stud for the hinge, works fine.

My H-reg has a similar problem but I haven't looked into sorting it yet, just going to remove the bonnet hinge from the bonnet end to fit the auto bonnet.

Graham.;)

Edited by pugtorque

jackherer

The 205 that your drivers door came from has sheared bonnet hinges... I hope the door wasn't cursed in some way..... :D:P;)

Eddy5

Nah, I think it's the fact it was made by Peugeot that has cursed it :P;):D

Doof

Mine did it yesterday, the bloody pug is really pissing me off at the minute!!

Sam

Mine did this, i got it welded over (the hole) and retapped and new bolt...

Sign in to follow this