• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
grundyd

1.9xu9j4 Rebuild

grundyd

After a six month engine rebuild costing £1400.00!!! And still not running correct i have taken the car to some one else to be told its the liners and pistons S*1T!!!! Ive been back and kicked off and now have half my money back. Where is the best place to get liners and pistons from???????? Im not a happy chappy.

opticaltrigger

I got some Mahle units from my local parts factor for 89.00 pounds each.

O.T.

grundyd
I got some Mahle units from my local parts factor for 89.00 pounds each.

O.T.

Is that 1piston and one liner or a piston and liner kit?

quat-fro

Had a similar price from FMP not so long ago...£94 each including vat which ain't too bad, especially since you dodge having to have a re-bore!

So what's cost you 1400 notes exactly? And what problems were you having with it?!

blessed6383

yer sounds a good price as i payed just a bit more for mine

de Noir

I would state that any price for liners and pistons is fair, as they're not produced any more!

grundyd
Had a similar price from FMP not so long ago...£94 each including vat which ain't too bad, especially since you dodge having to have a re-bore!

So what's cost you 1400 notes exactly? And what problems were you having with it?!

Ok for this i got a strip liner hone, new crank, new clutch, new rings, new shells, all seals replaced, valves relaped, new HT leads and plugs, and rebuild but now its dumping coolent in to the sump and blue smokeing on any power also poor compresion.

I now have Retrogti.co.uk looking at and i have been its in a bad way so im now lost what to do?

Henry 1.9GTi

ifs thats Ian carvell he should sort you out, just follow his advice :)

grundyd
ifs thats Ian carvell he should sort you out, just follow his advice :)

Yes it is!!!!! He is a LEG-END!!!!!! What a man well worth dropping your car to him.

Sign in to follow this