• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
steble

Beaten By The Weather :(

steble

started doing my front wheel bearing and have just been beaten by the weather so my car is stuck up on axle stand and jack :)

first it was the odd shower so i worked through it but now its really chucking it down i can't work in that :o so i'm stuck without a car now bloody weather

ALEX
started doing my front wheel bearing and have just been beaten by the weather so my car is stuck up on axle stand and jack :o

first it was the odd shower so i worked through it but now its really chucking it down i can't work in that :P so i'm stuck without a car now bloody weather

Weak!

I've been out there in a muddy scrapyard pouring with rain in a t-shirt with a half flat drill trying to drill out the pin for a clutch release arm for nearly 2 hours.

Just not committed are you! :)

Edited by ALEX

welshpug

I changed the flywheel bolts on my 205 in the Snow :)

wildejon
started doing my front wheel bearing and have just been beaten by the weather so my car is stuck up on axle stand and jack :o

first it was the odd shower so i worked through it but now its really chucking it down i can't work in that :P so i'm stuck without a car now bloody weather

I'm not too far from you in Brighton and the rain seems to be pretty on and off, you'll be OK soon I reckon :)

pug_ham

You need to be made of hardy stuff to own a 205 without a garage or you'll never get jobs finished in the UK between September & April.

I was changing an exhaust manifold one winter & came out from under the car having removed it to find over 2" of snow had fallen since I'd started.

I wondered what the flakes coming through the engine bay were.

Still went back out & finished it.

Graham.

steble

nope not eased off yet, usually don't mind but don't actually know what i'm doing :) never done a wheel bearing on anything other than a mini before

i was trying to work through it but its very wet and very windy and things were starting to slip all over the place so decided it prob wasn't safe :o

woo83

I remember trying to rub my car down in December, went in for a quick brew came back and the block had frozen to the roof. :) Didn't quit though just got hotter water. :o

Daviewonder

I once had to travel 50 miles to fit an alternator at the side of the road in the pooring rain to my mates car as he'd broken down on his way back from a dirty weekend. He still says to this day that he's gonna sort me out for doing it, I not holding my breath as it was 10 years ago :)

wildejon

A friend and I did a gearbox swap for the guy who bought my last pug back in Jan/Feb this year. I know it should have been an easy job but it just wasn't. It was freezing and took us about 5 hrs. So demoralising, but worth it once it was done, althouth I made zero profit, oh well. Keeps her on the road! :)

steble

eased off a bit so i went back out there wasn't long before it got worse than it was before though :lol:

i'm now freezing cold and wet and can't feel my fingers BUT.... i got the bloody hub off!!! :blush:

harryskid

Buy your self a tarpaulin or a tent!

:blush:

blessed6383

weather really does suck mate i've been trying to get my engine bay painted this last 2 weeks but cant as crap weather so feeling ya :-(

Tom Fenton

These days I have a big garage and a diesel space heater.

But back in my uni days any work on my then only car a Mini, was done outside the union motor club garage. Could not get in it as there was the chairmans bloody spitfire in there.

Anyway, I had roped a mate into helping me convert said mini from 998 to 1275, after the end of the autumn term, just before the Xmas holidays.

Had everything ready, and day one consisted of taking all the 998cc stuff out and preparing the engine bay, modifying an exhaust etc etc

Day two arrived which was the big day of fitment, and we woke up to 4" of snow. Needing to get home and having my Mini in pieces gave me no option. Christ almight we were cold when we finished it that day. It did cheer us up when I drove it home to discover it was making big flames due to no oil in the carb dashpot.

I've just come back from MOT'ing my van, it needs a wishbone bush and a front spring, so I'm now going to go out, get the space heater and the stereo fired up, and crack on with it. A thunderstorm has just started outside!

denva2682
Buy your self a tarpaulin or a tent!

Me and the guy next door share a large drive and have no access to a garage and we do this. Got a large tarpaulin supported by large bits of timber, all rigged up with rope. Makes a good carport. Got to finish the rear wheel bearings on the Saxo in torrential rain. Nothing'll stop Kerbside Autos Ltd!

harryskid
Me and the guy next door share a large drive and have no access to a garage and we do this. Got a large tarpaulin supported by large bits of timber, all rigged up with rope. Makes a good carport. Got to finish the rear wheel bearings on the Saxo in torrential rain. Nothing'll stop Kerbside Autos Ltd!

That's the way mate, just a bit of initiative!

steble

not got anyway of being able to put anything over the top of the car :)

and guess what its nice and sunny out there now i got the hub off aint it typical

denva2682
not got anyway of being able to put anything over the top of the car :)

and guess what its nice and sunny out there now i got the hub off aint it typical

Sod's law mate, always the way!

AndyJ

I've been out in the rain since 3:30, wearing shoes with holes in the bottom, parked in a puddle :) rain never killed anyone!...except all those people...

Pugnut

argos do a gazebo for about 12 quid, but i dont think it would fair well in the wind. But as above, you aint a true 205gtidriver until you can see in the dark, shed 50% of your knuckle skin and have experienced hypothermia.

alfer

I cheat, i work in a lovely side by side garage with heating and 2 nice 4 poster ramps. :) the fact there is no lights is a downer though,

Yesterday when the car wouldn't start i was working under a umbrella held in-place by a cable tie.

pugit666

50" fishing umbrellas are good in this situation

alfer

now thats a luxury item.

Baz
I've just come back from MOT'ing my van, it needs a wishbone bush and a front spring, so I'm now going to go out, get the space heater and the stereo fired up, and crack on with it. A thunderstorm has just started outside!

There's actually something strangely therapeutic about working away in the garage while the rain's pouring down outside! :)

steble
argos do a gazebo for about 12 quid, but i dont think it would fair well in the wind. But as above, you aint a true 205gtidriver until you can see in the dark, shed 50% of your knuckle skin and have experienced hypothermia.

dunno what you lot are on about its much worse owning a mini trust me :)

SurGie
There's actually something strangely therapeutic about working away in the garage while the rain's pouring down outside! :ph34r:

Same here ;)