• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
harryskid

Heres The Proof It Is A Con

dumbiron

tryed these guys for a giggle. Got offered £78 for a 1992 1.6 with 33000 on the clock !!

custard-rallye

a friend tried it with his integra they offered im 400 for it the engine was worth that atleast

dumbiron
a friend tried it with his integra they offered im 400 for it the engine was worth that atleast

still more than i would pay :lol:

large

TBH if you are naive enough to think you are going to get top book then you want your head looked at.

This sort of thing has been going on for years just look at the pawn industry shops have been screwing people forever its just a fact of life.

A friend of mine just got £1900 for a 52 plate Leon from them. Knowing the car I would say he has had a good deal.

Daviewonder

What do webuyanycar do with the cars once they've bought them?

dumbiron
What do webuyanycar do with the cars once they've bought them?

ebay ?? :)

Cameron

Well it's bloody obvious that they aren't going to pay a vehicle's true value, they're a business and they have to make money somehow.. But I didn't know they were undervaluing them by so much!

ORB

They own Carcraft, a massive car supermarket, they basicly then sell the cars on in the 'Supermarket' to stupid people who take deals based on 'If you can get me passed on finance, I will have it'

the older stuff does indeed go on ebay.

As a car salesman, I get people often saying to me 'I have been offered more than that from We buy...'

I tell them to go and sell it to them and come back to me.

I have NEVER had anyone actually do a deal with them.

maturin23

Why is there any outrage at all?

As Cameron said they are a business aiming to make as much profit as possible - it's not a public service.

Look at it the other way too - if you are buying a second hand car you'll take the offer price as a guide, then when you get a chance to see the car in the metal you'll do your best to get a reduction on that asking price. There's no contract to buy at the asking price just because you agree to view.

They are doing the same, but as a business, so that margin is a good indicator of their likely profit on resale. If I were paying someone to broker a deal, I would be pushing for as big a margin as possible.

If people want the best price for their car then they should take their time, put in some effort and sell it privately.

If people want a quick sale because they don't have the time to clean it, take the photos, deal with the responses and negotiate hard with potential buyers, then why should they expect to get the same price?

If you are selling and you consider an offer too low, walk away.

Edited by maturin23

johno_78

As Cameron said they are a business aiming to make as much profit as possible - it's not a public service.

If people want the best price for their car then they should take their time, put in some effort and sell it privately.

Exactly.

I got offered £650 from them for a Scooby sport last year, the garage across the road from me then offered £700.

Instead, i advertised on The Auction Site, and sold it privately a week later, for the £850 i was actually looking for.

hexhamstu

I think the horrific finance deals that carcraft make are far far worse than webuyanycar.

happygoron
I think the horrific finance deals that carcraft make are far far worse than webuyanycar.

^ this. Heard some right horror stories about their finance deals. Wasn't there some kid paying 13k for a 5 year old clio campus or something a while back?

swordfish210
^ this. Heard some right horror stories about their finance deals. Wasn't there some kid paying 13k for a 5 year old clio campus or something a while back?

Yeah something like that, he didnt realise that he was doing anything wrong and, as he commented, "it's only money"

1 FAT PUG

my mate took his scooby there, they offered him about 900 quid think it was, daft lad was going to take it aswell, on the good side i got a windows vista key off back of there computer haha

hexhamstu

The clio campus story was horrific, but AFAIK thats common practice.

Edited by hexhamstu

Batfink

Look at it the other way too - if you are buying a second hand car you'll take the offer price as a guide, then when you get a chance to see the car in the metal you'll do your best to get a reduction on that asking price. There's no contract to buy at the asking price just because you agree to view.

They are doing the same, but as a business, so that margin is a good indicator of their likely profit on resale. If I were paying someone to broker a deal, I would be pushing for as big a margin as possible.

If people want a quick sale because they don't have the time to clean it, take the photos, deal with the responses and negotiate hard with potential buyers, then why should they expect to get the same price?

If you are selling and you consider an offer too low, walk away.

this is the way I see it. Its a site for lazy people or people in need of some quick money. They offer crap prices and people take their offers as its easy.

Same for all these mail your gold companies.

They have to buy under market value to make a profit.

denva2682

I can't see how they are actually in business, offering silly money like this. Surely most would try autotrader/freeads/fleabay or pistonheads first if they wanted to sell? Did it for a laugh and they offered me £70 for the CTI. So if their dealer had his way by offering 30% less than this, it'll be £49!!! I can't see how they get any customers. If they offered a slightly lower than market value price, they might do better if people are that desperate for the money, they might be tempted, but they are having a giraffe.

notamondayfan

I dont think you can blame webuyanycar, instead you should be educating the people going to these websites in the first place.

webuyanycar.com are doing what we all do, and thats to haggle. If the price is too low, then walk away and say no.

A lad at our work sold his car to them. He had to sell ASAP, the car was fecked, the headgasket was on it way out, as well as about a dozen other problems. He was going to take it to the auction, but chanced webuyanycar and they paid out just short of what he wanted, and plus the fact there was no hassle.

I guess it has it's uses, and it's upto the individual to make their choices. We can't wrap everyone up in bubble wrap to protect them selves from their own stupidity! (even though Labour tries it's hardest to!!)