• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
205*31*

2nd Car

205*31*

Oh well I bought my 205 gti as a project sprint/track car but was hoping to use it for awhile as a daily driver but it looks like I am gonna be getting a run around sooner than later :) as I cannot rely on this pug 205 to be honest well it won't even run properly now so gotta figure out whats up there ;)

just wondering who else on here has a 2nd car and uses 205 as fun like a track car etc..

MrG

I think the majority who run track cars use them only for that purpose and is therefore their 2nd (or 3rd, 4th etc) car

I do, mines garaged most of the time and I have another car for daily duties, or I'm on my bike (cycle not motor!).

Daviewonder

I've got a 106 gti, its similar to my 205 on the fun level but with the added bonus of a smooth idle and no rattles :)

Edited by Daviewonder

denva2682

I run a Saxo - I know 'chavmobile', but to be honest, I'm as far from that as they come. It's a good runabout, it's nippy and reliable and it keeps the missus away from the Pug.

205*31*

well when I had a decent money paid job and had evo 4 got a little diesel as a run around not for the fact evo was unreliable but sorely due to the fact I got about 30 mile to a tenner of vpower in it! :)

Oh well I am sure I will get my 205 back on track at some point just collected a load of parts for it from my auntie ;)

harryskid

My rally gti is very rarely used on the road and gets trailered to events. How ever it is taxed and insured as i like to give it the odd run to test things and to keep things moving. As i do single venue tarmac events i only need an mot really which would keep costs down but as said it needs to have a bit of run to keep things in order.Other wise she sits in the garage out of the weather and always gets cleaned and polished after every event. Its a nice car but because its a rally car and stripped out with a lsd and a very short range fuel tank and very hard suspension, i would not like it for a daily driver. Also its very noisey in side thats ok with a helmet on and an intercom but with out o no.

:)

Miles

If you have the space then why not, I use all my 205's & 306's as Fun car's but having a Daughter change's things and you cannot cart them around in a 205 when your used to having a massive boot

boldy205

i have a 1.6 Mk2 golf Driver, with a whooping 65BHP, its a great car, reliable and very cheep fpr parts, new disks and pads aprox £20! Though its 200 quid to tax, so that stings a bit.

I even polished it the other day! Im starting to like it!

damien

ph1 306 for me, dont have much to bost about other than its road legal

dansalegend

I use my vivaro as an everyday and the 205 is my toy!

swordfish210
ph1 306 for me, dont have much to bost about other than its road legal

Ditto, mines a sedan though :D

Pugleyrich

I have my trusty ZR for daily use, and the 205 for fun. ZR is suprisingly good, but just isnt as exciting at the 205

Bigtimmy

Landy for everyday work and towing :(

th_06022010377-1.jpg

th_30012010367.jpg

Scoob for travelling distances :D

th_11122009277.jpg

th_11122009278.jpg

Team Whitey for the track :DB)

th_12032010462.jpg

And these beasties the rest of the time :P;)

th_Mr_Dog_0201-1.jpg

Peetypug

205 gets driven about once a month :D

then i have the 306 or passat v6 4motion

one does 40 to a gallon the other if im lucky does 25, can you guess which one that is?

Masekwm

1000577a.jpg

My folding bike that has replaced my CBR :D

johno_78

There are 3 205's and a Range Rover on my driveway.

I try to keep 3 vehicles road legal at any one time, so when one breaks down, the other 2 can be used until it's fixed :D

Gremmers

I've got an Evo 8 MR as my daily driver

ORB

Audi A4 Avant V6 Auto is the wifes car, I have a company demonstrator, and there is the 205 GTi

The A4 does most of the work as it is great for the kids and goes well. But fook, it drinks fuel.

ifcho

Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TDI for some offroad fun, towing and daily driver :)

The 205s for fun :)

Baz

205, 205, 205, or 205.

Cheaper than many other supposedly 'reliable' cars to run.

CaptainK

I have a 205 GTi6 mapped on ITBs as my second car which I do use on the road a bit as well, but will be using it for circuit days some time for some fun. My primary daily driver is an FTO GPX MIVEC though.

Guest James

Just replaced my E90 with an S2000 for daily use :lol:

As good as the Honda is I still think my 205 Gti6 is more fun.... and quite a bit quicker

paul205mi16

GTI6 Quicker than the s2000 yeah?

Guest James

Sure feels it. I'd be interested to find out by what margin

Edited by James

Jemehan
Sure feels it. I'd be interested to know by what margin

I always that the 205's feel quicker because they have that go-kart feel, not much interior to distract, closer to the road etc, Hondas tend to have much bulkier interior and more sound padding...205, no padding, minimal dash, arse is only 10" from the floor standard....