• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest ruffryder

Wiring Help

Guest ruffryder

hey guys just wondering if some 1 can tell me what the wiring order is on the rev counter plug only reason im asking is coz found out that the earth was arking out on the live and went to open the connecting block and all the wires fell out and cant remember the order they were in the connecting block.the block does have 1 2 3 4 so if any1 could tell me or help me what colours are in what numbers. :ph34r:

ade 4wd

I dont know the wire colours but pin 1 is 12V, pin 2 is earth and pin 3 is input from coil. pin 4 is not used.

Guest ruffryder
I dont know the wire colours but pin 1 is 12V, pin 2 is earth and pin 3 is input from coil. pin 4 is not used.

cheers bud.dont mean to be rude but have you any clue why my rev counter still aint working iv spent the last 3days trying to source out the problem but still nothing i have checked all earths the signal converter box and changed the zener diode tested all the connections changed fuse checked all connecting blocks in fuse board compartment and still it dont work but when i first start the car the needle wants to work but then drops back down :) im totally out of ideas now so please if any 1 could help me or give me an idea or even if there is a way of wiring it direct to the rev counter :D also i have tested the live at rev counter end and still appears to be 12v there when i thought it was supposed to be down to 5v from the signal box.cheers any help would be very much appreciated :D

ade 4wd

did the rev counter just stop working or has it never worked?

Tom Fenton

I don't mean to be rude either, but how the hell can we help you when you are only telling us half the story? From the mention of a convertor box I'm guessing that the car is far from standard and is using some kind of aftermarket ignition or ECU.

So if that is the case why not start again with a bit more detail about the problem, such as what ECU is it, what coil/s/pack is it, has the rev counter ever worked properly, what kind of convertor are you using etc etc etc.

Guest ruffryder
I don't mean to be rude either, but how the hell can we help you when you are only telling us half the story? From the mention of a convertor box I'm guessing that the car is far from standard and is using some kind of aftermarket ignition or ECU.

So if that is the case why not start again with a bit more detail about the problem, such as what ECU is it, what coil/s/pack is it, has the rev counter ever worked properly, what kind of convertor are you using etc etc etc.

lol sorry im not very good at explaining things :rolleyes: .ok well i have the gti6 engine in the 205 and the ecu came with the engine[standed 1 i think] the signal box is nothing special it was workin fine at 1 point so i did open it to check if all was ok and tested all the connections in the box then tryed again then i opened the box again and found out the zener diode had snapped so i changed that with zd-1w3-15 diode and still there is nothing it almost like it wants to work coz the needle on the rev counter jumps up when i start the car up but then drops back down i have checked all earths.hope this is a little better ^_^ .also im wondering if there is a away to wire it up direct to the rev counter instead of going though the fuse box.lastly i tested the voltage at the rev counter and there is 12v when i thought it was supposed to be down to 5v from the signal box. :D

Guest miguel_cj

hello!!

i'm portuguese and my english is not very good, but i'll try to make myself clear.

the standard gti dashboard\clocks have a plug in connector with 4 pins.

The first should be white, number C1J. This wire is 12v.

The second should be green with yellow stripes, number M1J. This is the earth wire.

The third should be yellow, number 112. This wire is the input from coil.

The fourth wire is only used for diesel models. If you have a diesel, connect it to wire 112A.

I hope this is useful!

Guest ruffryder
hello!!

i'm portuguese and my english is not very good, but i'll try to make myself clear.

the standard gti dashboard\clocks have a plug in connector with 4 pins.

The first should be white, number C1J. This wire is 12v.

The second should be green with yellow stripes, number M1J. This is the earth wire.

The third should be yellow, number 112. This wire is the input from coil.

The fourth wire is only used for diesel models. If you have a diesel, connect it to wire 112A.

I hope this is useful!

nice 1 mate very much appreciated :o