• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
205*31*

Water Water!

205*31*

argh ok when I originally bought this road rally car the sunroof had been sealed up with some sealant stuff to stop leaking I don't recall it leaking until recently when I decided to renew the sealant as it looked horid and old so got some clear silicone sealant from halfords to renew it. Anyway I sealed it at front and around sides where the stuff was originally and also got some rubber gromets and put them in the 2 holes where handle seals at front quite a good fit and silicone sealed them up. Got in car tonight after heavy rain to check and the front bit with the handle is dry excellent but my hand up behind trim on roof and its soaking with water down sides each side, where can it be getting in there? do i need to seal the back up on sunroof, this is only a temp measure hopefully one day get it completely removed and a plate sealed it up.

Tesstuff

Are you determined to ignore all good advice given to you ?

Unreal.

205*31*
Are you determined to ignore all good advice given to you ?

Unreal.

wtf is up now?? :(

205*31*
argh ok when I originally bought this road rally car the sunroof had been sealed up with some sealant stuff to stop leaking I don't recall it leaking until recently when I decided to renew the sealant as it looked horid and old so got some clear silicone sealant from halfords to renew it.

Anyway I sealed it at front and around sides where the stuff was originally and also got some rubber gromets and put them in the 2 holes where handle seals at front quite a good fit and silicone sealed them up.

Got in car tonight after heavy rain to check and the front bit with the handle is dry excellent but my hand up behind trim on roof and its soaking with water down sides each side, where can it be getting in there?

Do i need to seal the back up on sunroof, this is only a temp measure hopefully one day get it completely removed and a plate sealed it up.

Ok I am presuming this is what tesstuff was referring to since English is very important I guess on this website B)

205*31*

on further investigating under the a pillar I come across the following...

DSC00066.jpg

Now I am taking a wild guess and presuming this is supposed to be connected up?? and there was another one on other side not connected up. :o

I was trying to figure how this actually works it drains the water but how does the water get through to there? anyone explain how this works hope it fixes prob for now well it must help B)

Tom Fenton

Those are the sunroof drains. The glass seals water from in the car, but the water in the channels the sunroof slides in has to go somewhere. SO those tubes take it down the pillars and out of the bottom of the car. There are also I think 2 more at the back of the car.

Henry Yorke

Torrential rain in Sheffield tonight so I hope you got it fixed!!

P.S. there is a Yorkshire group meet on Monday 29th March at Carbrook Hall, near Meadowhall if you are interested