• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
welshpug

Xu10 Big End Bearings

welshpug

As the title suggests, looking at servicebox Peugeot and Citroen, I can see that every XU10 engine bar the 405 T16's XU10J4TE has the same crank (0501 G1)

Comparing an RFY Mi16 conrod to an RFS gti6 rod they seem to be the same width, as do the bearings, so why the different bearing part number? (and why the hell Peugeot decided to sell them individually instead of in packs of 8 as per every other engine...)

Cross referencing the RFY big ends I found they're the same as used in earlier 10J2 engines (0606 K4) but they were changed to 0606 L4

The 16v xsi uses a different one again 0606 N6.

Baffled!

welshpug

Federal Mogul ecat suggests that they're all the same :(

Glyco 01-4149/4 STD and 01-4298/4 STD

don't get why there's 2 part numbers as they're identical, but there are no further specifications shown on their site.

taylorspug

I noticed that too, decided it was some sort of French weirdness and just got the FM ones instead.

welshpug

Thanks for the reply Dan, I asked Sandy about them and he said that he's used the o.e J4R bearings without any issues so far, they have a different finish to the RS bearings.

I ordered them yesterday (606 N6), they're a fair bit cheaper from Peugeot than what my local engine bits supplier quoted me at £25+vat, the FM bearings were about £38+ vat.

welshpug

they're in :)

4484027888_195a164924.jpg

leitoo

Did you get around to mounting them on the engine?

Any results would be greatly appreciated since I'm having a similar problem (can't get J4RS bearings in Argentina)

Thanks in advance!

welshpug

yes, work fine, good oil pressure on a crank with about 70k miles on it, but have not run the engine any more than ten minutes yet.

leitoo

That's excellent! Thank you for the info!

By the way what pistons are you running?

welshpug

standard RS with modified valve cutouts :P

leitoo

How much deeper did you go on the cutouts? I'll be doing the same to mine but not sure how much deeper to go, the standard cam will be used at first but I'm thinking of going to more duration once everything is bedded in.

Sign in to follow this