• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
brianb205

Skip Brown ?

brianb205

could some one please explain to me what exactly is done in a skip brown road speed conversion because a friend of mine has just bought a 205 for the track and its has this done to it, but as far as i can tell there isn't much of a power diffrence between his and mine, now the engine could have been changed along the way but i was just wondering if some one could fill me in a bit better .

cheers :)

Anthony

You should find a basic overview of the Skip Brown GTi-S conversion on the article on the main site - clicky

For what it's worth, my GTi-S made 145hp at the flywheel on the rollers at Emerald when the previous owner took it there for a power run, and it definitely feels quicker and far more eager to rev than a typical standard 1.9 8v engine.

brian j

Are you sure it has had any engine work?

The roadspeed conversion plate comes with the suspension kit when they fit it. Anthony can vouch for that if he looks under the bonnet of his daily driver... <_<

Ring Skip Brown's, tell them the number on the plate and ask them. By all accounts, they are pretty helpful about that kind of thing.

jord294

you should have one of these

007-6.jpg